NEW SHOES!

Options
I am in the market for some new running shoes! I have always worn the NIKE+ shoe, but am thinking of branching out a little. I would love to hear what everyone is wearing on their feet to workout and what you would recommend as a great shoe! :)

Replies

• Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump. i am interested as well. i just recently started running and found the shoes i had for just walking do not support they way they need to for running.
  • diananut
    Options
    BUMP! I was just about to post a topic like this but found this one lol.
    Currently I am wearing Saucony Triumph 5, and they have served me well. I am thinking of maybe trying something new if there are other recommendations.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    i just got fitted for a pair of brooks adrenaline - £95

they are amazing on my feet - i have funny running technique lol
    x
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love my asics gel running shoes.
  • laurajplus4
    laurajplus4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks (Ravenna). More than any other shoe I've had :)
  • ZoeBug
    ZoeBug Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!! I have heard Saucony's are amazing!! I might have to try them! The Brooks I also hear are fabulous!
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    aisics kayanos for years now, but you gotta go by what type of stride you have , good luck
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    aisics kayanos for years now, but you gotta go by what type of stride you have , good luck

Exactly. There are running stores / shoe stores that will watch your stride and let you know a few different shoes that would work best for you.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    saucony mirage. these are my ninja shoes. very light and i feel like a super hero when i wear them.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've always loved asics. You want to get the right shoe for your foot. Some have flat feet, others high arches. It really makes a difference.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Check out your local running/walking/fitness store and get fitted for the correct shoes for your foot. Go to a local store, not a big-box chain (****s, Scheels, etc).
    Just because I recommend XYZ doesn't mean it will work for your foot... Wrong shoes can cause serious injury.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My Last 2 pairs have been Saucony. I bought the first pair for 5k training/run and now i went back for my 2nd pair..

Super comfy and look good,
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    go to a running store and get fitted. My shoes (profile pic) are a brand I have never heard of (Mizuno) and they are a color I would never buy, but they are like a little bit of heaven on my feet.

Go in completely open minded and get whatever shoe feels the best.... even if they are purple!

Happy Running!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love my asics. Try going to an athletic store where they fit you for them. Most of the generic ones that are all over (ie foot locker, fast break, etc) don't do this. Try a specialty running/walking store. They will watch you walk to see if your feet go one way or another, and look at your arch. This will make a world of difference!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Nike free runners!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    go to a running store and get fitted. My shoes (profile pic) are a brand I have never heard of (Mizuno) and they are a color I would never buy, but they are like a little bit of heaven on my feet.

Go in completely open minded and get whatever shoe feels the best.... even if they are purple!

Happy Running!

Mizunos are great!!!!!! And I like the color! But you are right...it doesn't matter if we like them personally. It just matters how happy they make our feet/legs.
  • alix1105
    Options
    asics and new balance are by far my fav! they feel like you are running on clouds!! hahaha
  • Zipit57
    Options
    I spent two years wearing ASIC gels. Then last summer the pair I had made the balls of my feet hurt so bad that I couldn't walk, much less run. Finally in December, I bought the Nike Lunar Eclipse. I love them. I am running again. Check out a running store where they will watch your stride and see what you need.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    A few years back I stopped trying to be frugal with my athletic shoes. I only buy Brooks. I've tried almost everything else, and Brooks are the only shoes I can count on to be comfortable every time, for the long haul. And they're actually not that expensive on Zappos sometimes.

I *hate* Nikes...
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    go to a running store and get fitted.

I'm not saying this is a BAD idea, but it's not foolproof, either. I did this once, and ended up with a really expensive pair of sneakers I ended up hating. I guess what I'm saying is, don't let someone talk you into something you have reservations about just because you assume they know more than you do.