girls in their 20s? I need friends!

Options
Hey! I'm 5'9 and currently ~160 lbs, looking to get down to 135 by sticking to around 1200 cals a day. Any other girls in their 20s trying to get healthier and lose some weight? I'm tired of none of my clothes fitting/not wanting to go out because I feel so awkward at my current weight.

Replies

• Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey flower.

Im 24 and know exactly what you mean...I laugh when people suggest popping into topshop or river island...YEARIGHT! :laugh:

Add coming your way..losing weight is a challenge whatever age but when your in ya 20's i feel I should be loving bikinis in summer not worrying!
  • sncampbell89
    Options
    I am right there with you! I am 22, 5'3 and 185lbs. I am new to MyFitnessPal. I'm taking baby steps to get down to my goal 145 (thats my goal at the moment...I'm sure that number will go down when I get closer to my goal). I am trying to stick around 1,00-1,200 calories a day. The hardest thing is a snacker, I snack all day long! And it's not the healthy stuff I'm snacking on. I would be more than happy to help hold you accountable. :smile:
  • tiarah83
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'3 150 pounds...I'm new too so I'll be adding you. I hear you about the clothes not fitting!! Here's to us getting this weight off :drinker:
  • TXGaToRgiRl88
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 23 and looking to slom down to my high school weight of 120-125. Although staying healthy and toned is more important than the number on that scale. i'm eating the same amout of calories as you girls, around 1200 a day and trying to burn 400-500 a day with elliptical and then 30 min of strength of training.

Snacking is hard to stop, so instead of snacking on fatty greasy stuff, try a fresh fruit mix! I keep 1 cup serving of chopped strawberries, rasberries, and blackberries handy throughout my work day. It healthy, delicous, refreshing, and not loaded with calories.

I am new to MFP too, and look forward to encouraging all of you lovely ladies!
  • vaiquevai
    Options
    I'm 21 and also new here. I'll add you so that we can support each other throughout this journey :)
    xx
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, 5'8 and about 146 pounds, trying to drop about 15-20 pounds. Anybody in a similar situation, feel free to add me! :)
  • asquishy
    Options
    Hey I'm new too! 23, 5'8'' and 184. I carry my weight well so it's hard to tell actually how FAT I am, but I need to lose about 50 pounds in order to be healthy! Feel free to add me :)
  • kmclawson
    kmclawson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 28 and 126.8lbs. I already lost ten but I'm still here to continue to get toned and healthy. Feel free to add me :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm here with ya! I'm 21, will be 22 in July. And am just trying to lose the last 12 lbs now. Send me an add if ya like.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, but I'll be glad to cheer you along on your weightloss journey :]
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9 and currently ~160 lbs, looking to get down to 135 by sticking to around 1200 cals a day. Any other girls in their 20s trying to get healthier and lose some weight? I'm tired of none of my clothes fitting/not wanting to go out because I feel so awkward at my current weight.

I'm 22 5'8 and working on getting down in the 130s too I eat between 1200-1550(my bmr) I started at 163 and I'm now at around 155ish I think not 100% sure I haven't weighed in since Friday. Feel free to add :)
  • tequila09
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    Hey girl feel free to add me! I'm in your exact position!! 5'3" at 155 lbs, down to 127! Been doing MFP since June last year and I'm down 28 lbs!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • tequila09
    Options

I'm 22 5'8 and working on getting down in the 130s too I eat between 1200-1550(my bmr) I started at 163 and I'm now at around 155ish I think not 100% sure I haven't weighed in since Friday. Feel free to add :)
  • Lululucyloo
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'6" and weigh 151 lbs ..... anyone feel free to add me :0)
  • nikkijordan25
    Options
    im 24 looking to to do the same!
  • Acmcneil0908
    Options

I am 170 trying to get to 130-135. I feel the same way. I have been doing 1200 calories the last week and haven't lost weight but have shed some inches already.
  • newmrswood
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me I'm 23 5'0" and trying to lose 9lbs before I decide what my goal weight will be
  • Acmcneil0908
    Options

I am 170 trying to get to 130-135. I feel the same way. I have been doing 1200 calories the last week and haven't lost weight but have shed some inches already.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 (23 in May!) and I'm 5'1" 118lbs on a good day. I'm trying to stay around 1200-1400 calories while burning about 500-700 working out with cardio. Also I just started strength training and will do my first class of Zumba before the week is up.

Add me if you'd like, but be warned: I like to post random updates about things that may or may not matter to anyone else lol