Lent

Options

Replies

• northernemm
    Options
    I have decided to give up chocolate and biscuits :)
  • kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee. So far..I wanna kill someone..LOL!

Lol... i think you should treat yourself to something with all the money you save not drinking coffee. Well unless you usually just drink the free kind you get at work...
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up reading lent related threads...
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Starbucks. I'm sad already...
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    So far i've heard:

Beer
    Make-up
    Facebook
    Steak
    Coffee
    Sugar
    Soda...

What else are people giving up for Lent????
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Light yogurts. I don't need all the artificial sweetener anyhow.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up alcohol totally! going to be rough, I have a glass or 2 or 3 of wine almost every night!!

I have also decided that my 3 year old is going to give up his pull-ups and wear his big boy unders!! (he's almost potty trained, we're just going to make him have to do it!!) And this is one thing we won't be going back to after easter!!!

My first priest told me not to give up things but to add them, so this is the first year I will not be heading his advice, but maybe I'll use the money I save on wine and give it to charity, that should keep him happy up there!!!
  • MiaRabago
    MiaRabago Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Swearing

^^^This
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    soda and candy, besides my no meat on fridays
  • Jessie_Dawn
    Options
    Can I give up exercise?! HAHAHA :laugh:

Kidding!!

I'm giving up unhealthy snacks (chips, sweets, etc) and am adding more time in prayer and Bible study! :smile:
  • didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up alcohol totally! going to be rough, I have a glass or 2 or 3 of wine almost every night!!

I have also decided that my 3 year old is going to give up his pull-ups and wear his big boy unders!! (he's almost potty trained, we're just going to make him have to do it!!) And this is one thing we won't be going back to after easter!!!

My first priest told me not to give up things but to add them, so this is the first year I will not be heading his advice, but maybe I'll use the money I save on wine and give it to charity, that should keep him happy up there!!!

Good luck with that.... I've done the alcohol thing before and found it helpful to get a fun, playful glass to use for all of the WATER you will now be drinking. I also got some different flavored teas to help. It's hard... but you can do it. I LOVE your idea of setting aside the wine money for a charity- very positive.

Oh, I'm going vegetarian for Lent--- we'll see how it goes. I'll miss bacon terribly!
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    Facebook, soda & chocolate :noway:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up soda for Lent, what are you giving up???

Same... Soda. I hate everything right now
  • twistofcain
    Options
    I am giving up being sober.
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am giving up all sweets (including candy, cookies, pastries, ice cream)... I will be fun to be around, LOL
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    my scale
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    I have decided to give up chocolate and biscuits :)

biscuits... dont go to Red Lobsters!!
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    my scale

Thats a good one!
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    I am giving up all sweets (including candy, cookies, pastries, ice cream)... I will be fun to be around, LOL

Hmmm interesting.... but im sure it will be great for weight loss. Good luck!!
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    Facebook, soda & chocolate :noway:

Whew!!! Thats a lot girl!! Good luck... you'd be taking away my life with those! lol