Lent

2»

Replies

• didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    I'm giving up alcohol totally! going to be rough, I have a glass or 2 or 3 of wine almost every night!!

I have also decided that my 3 year old is going to give up his pull-ups and wear his big boy unders!! (he's almost potty trained, we're just going to make him have to do it!!) And this is one thing we won't be going back to after easter!!!

My first priest told me not to give up things but to add them, so this is the first year I will not be heading his advice, but maybe I'll use the money I save on wine and give it to charity, that should keep him happy up there!!!

Good luck with that.... I've done the alcohol thing before and found it helpful to get a fun, playful glass to use for all of the WATER you will now be drinking. I also got some different flavored teas to help. It's hard... but you can do it. I LOVE your idea of setting aside the wine money for a charity- very positive.

Oh, I'm going vegetarian for Lent--- we'll see how it goes. I'll miss bacon terribly!
  • Facebook, soda & chocolate :noway:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm giving up soda for Lent, what are you giving up???

Same... Soda. I hate everything right now
  • I am giving up being sober.
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    I am giving up all sweets (including candy, cookies, pastries, ice cream)... I will be fun to be around, LOL
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    my scale
  • kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    I have decided to give up chocolate and biscuits :)

biscuits... dont go to Red Lobsters!!
  • kandicekaye
    my scale

Thats a good one!
  • kandicekaye
    I am giving up all sweets (including candy, cookies, pastries, ice cream)... I will be fun to be around, LOL

Hmmm interesting.... but im sure it will be great for weight loss. Good luck!!
  • kandicekaye
    Facebook, soda & chocolate :noway:

Whew!!! Thats a lot girl!! Good luck... you'd be taking away my life with those! lol
  • Soda and ice cream for me. I'm also thinking about going red meatless, but at my apartment, that's about near impossible! :P
  • MMillo
    MMillo Posts: 8 Member
    Sweets, before hitting mass, I have had a few sweets then off to the garbage they go!
  • Excuses... no more, I didn't have time... no more, I'm depressed so I'm going to just sit here... no more, I'm too sleepy... no more excuses, period.
  • kandicekaye
    Can I give up exercise?! HAHAHA :laugh:

Kidding!!

I'm giving up unhealthy snacks (chips, sweets, etc) and am adding more time in prayer and Bible study! :smile:

I'd give up excercise if i could... but too bad I'll be righ tback where i started if i do. :(
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    does it count to say sodas if I gave them up several months ago? I know...I know...
  • kandicekaye
    Excuses... no more, I didn't have time... no more, I'm depressed so I'm going to just sit here... no more, I'm too sleepy... no more excuses, period.

Good one!!!!
  • Chocolate, soda, swearing, and procastinating.
  • kandicekaye
    does it count to say sodas if I gave them up several months ago? I know...I know...

dont you miss the bubbles? lol
  • sdawkins04
    sdawkins04 Posts: 14 Member
    Going on the 21 day Daniel fast which is giving up sweets, meat, dairy, and bread (unless its whole grain). Its pretty rough. Just started and I already feel like I'm starving... Going to be an interesting 3 weeks.
  • Im giving up facebook. I spend too much time on there and there seems to be a lot of negativity on there and unhappy people. So maybe it will rid some negativity out of my life.
  • Training2Tri
    Training2Tri Posts: 28 Member
    I'm torn, right now its between 3 things :

1) Giving up cheese (I love me some cheese)
    2) Making a commitment to working out or doing something active for all of lent
    3) Making a promise to floss every night.
  • complaining.... :blushing: I don't do it very often, but I'm trying to be more mindful and optimistic... :smile:
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member

dont you miss the bubbles? lol

Haha, actually I do! I started drinking LaCroix just to get some fizziness.

And what's with giving up 2, 3, or 4 things? Y'all are making me look bad.
  • I'm giving up:
    1) Bread - all kinds, whether white or brown or wholegrain
    2) Cookies - I was letting myself have a couple every other day, but the couple normally turned into about 6 instead of 2!
    3) Meat - this won't be so much of a challenge, considering I don't even eat that much meat
    4) Facebook - it is SUCH a distraction and I am toooo addicted! I have exams coming up anyway, so I don't need it in my life
    5) Mini Cheddars - these crisp/cookie/cheesy tiny things that only have 140 calories per packet but I was eating a pack everyday... they are like my crack. But the next 40 days will be spent without them :)

This is going to be an interesting Lent!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm giving up soda for Lent, what are you giving up???

^^^Hey, you stole mine! I don't drink regular soda anyway, so I'm giving up diet soda. Hopefully I can kick the habit entirely!
  • I'm 'giving up time' to go to church every other week. I don't usually go...except Lent and about 3 or 4 other times a year.
  • I'm giving up Drinking :drinker: &&&&&....Enriched Foods - I seem to give up drinking every yr so this yr I wanted 2 do sumthin more 4 myself. I will note that I'm Horrified to find that Bisquick is Enriched :sad: I've been making Bisquick pancakes w/Blueberries or Choc. Chips or Walnuts or Bananas on wkend mornings for 23yrs & I can tell u that the Hodgemill Whole Grain r going to take sum serious getting used to. The up side to that tho, is I have a 1yr old grandbaby & hopefully I can get him used to the whole grain kind early ;~) wish me luck w/that as the rest of my family has flatly refused to give up "my" pancakes LOL
  • I usually don't give anything up for lent, but challenge myself to do more during lent.