Sports Bra Question???

Options

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I also have the ta-tas and former nursing mom now senior so flopping def an issue. MY advice? Don't buy cheap sports bras. Hit the sales and spend the $$ for one or two GOOD hi-impact sports bras and economize somewhere else. I was AMAZED at the difference/comfort.
    Just rinse them out between workouts, wash in cool water - no dryer and they should last. Keep an eye out for sales (I never pay full price)
    Good bras & shoes are essential and worth the expense

also- compression wear is fantastic & worth it. get a compression tank with a sports bra and you can work out just like Jillian!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Double D here too. I tend to use two bras, to be honest. I wear a regular cup, with a sports bra over it. Sounds weird but it seems to work :)

That's what I do too.....because I have yet to find a sports bra that even though they swear will hold them that actually does....So I find the normal run of the mill sports bra over your regular bra works wonders!

Same here. Not double ds but I don't feel like one bra is supportive enough so I wear a regular than sports. I used to wear two sports bras at once lol.
  • denalc
    Options
    I have had to keep the girls strapped up years, always been a problem here. I have tried various styles and I think Champion has the best out there. They can be sort of high, but sometimes if you watch you can catch them on sale. Also, Target and Marshalls (sometimes) carries alot of their styles. I always buy mine online, but I'm sure you could find a nice bra at Target or Marshalls. I will recommend though that you invest in this area esp if the girls are planning on staying full any length of time. Those girls can do alot damage to your neck and back if you don't take the necessary precautions to keep them under control. I spend alot of money on sports bras, in order to be active I need that extra support. My bra eliminates the worry of having them bounce around and I'm feel confident when I want to participate in any activity. Best of luck to you!
  • shavonne
    shavonne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    36D here – I have a Champion sports bra from Marshalls that does the trick. I also bought a Danskin bra for $5.99 from Walmart that surprisingly works for me as well – I plan to purchase a few more. As others have stated I often wear 2 sports bras for the extra support.
  • joslynbolding
    Options
    thanks, this info is very helpful, I noticed myself in the mirror doing jumping jacks and it was like watching a horror movie in slow motion.....:embarassed:
  • ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have always needed a good sports bra and swear by Shock Absorber Sports Bras they are really good and comfortable. I also have ezcema and quite often bras bring that out but these don't. They are comfy and effective - I think so anyway! I am also a DD!

They are a litte pricy but I really think it's worth it!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wear 2!
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a D cup. I love Champion Power back sports bras. They should feel snug like someone mentioned but not uncomfortable. I also have an Enell which I like but I think I bought too small a size b/c its like putting on a straight jacket.

Edit: I just bought two new ones recently on amazon.com for about $27.00 each which is cheap for them!
  • mayaeberhard
    Options
    I loved these when I was nursing as they are adjustable so they fit around the clock no matter when you are about to nurse....plus I liked that I could actually nurse by undoing the Velcro!
    http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras/310184.do?sortby=ourPicks

Title9 has a bunch of 3+ barbells - meaning super high support!
  • feelippy
    Options
    Hi Girls,

When it comes to sports bras and big tatta's and doing high impact exercise, is getting a good bra! You should look at the Moving Comfort Fiona bra, and the Enell sports bra (although it's not pretty!)
    The Shock Absorber range is also great, same as the panache sports. But the two I would definitely put money are the moving comfort and Enell.

There is this great article with 4 questions on that really are great, when looking for a new sports bra (and you have DD+)

http://www.brayola.com/sportsbrasdd

Fiona
    x
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support on support, folks! LOL!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread! It is so helpful to see everyone's experience and recommendations. I now have a bunch of tabs open on my browser to figure out which of the companies listed carry my size (34G) and go from there. So glad I didn't have to start a new thread. :flowerforyou:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I use Moving Comfort. I buy a cup smaller to strap the girls down...and I cross the straps too!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add my new experience...I ordered the Fiona bra from Moving Comfort as well as a Champion one...the Champion one has yet to come (It's a 5 day delay on that one cause htey were out of stock), but got the Fiona bra in the mail today, and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! there's a tiny bit of movement but coming from someone w/ 40DD's that bounced all over the place when wearing 3 bras, this is RIDICULOUSLY amazing for me...I got this one on amazon in black for like 26 bucks and will DEFINITELY be ordering more...hiiiighly reccomend it!
  • divegyrl
    divegyrl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can you get Shock Absorber bras in the States? I swear by them for large chests! They do a heavy duty 'Run' bra which ensures they stay exactly where you want them x
    I have to second the Shock Absorbers, Fantastic, comfortable and can be purchased at reasonable cost on line if you shop around. I have the D+ Max for exercise class (aerobics/sculpt/zumba/circuits) and the RUN for when I run :)
    My friend who is an aerobic/Zumba/personal trainer swears by the ENELL SPORT Bra which were designed to enable well-endowed women to exercise.
    My 'lady bits' are a funny shape since I lost weight :embarassed: so Freya bras for work and play and Shock Absorbers for workout! :bigsmile:
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I haven't read through all the responses. So if my answer has already come up, I apologize in advance. I've got 2 cat's vying for attention while my dogs are trying to see who can sleep on my feet.

I just recently started running, and what I thought were perfectly fine bras from Wal-Mart turned out to be not so much. I'm a 40 DDD. I was recently professionally fitted at Lane Bryant, and I can't believe I waited so dang long to do this. Yes the Cacique brand is pricey, but I wait for the buy one get one sales which happen pretty frequently. When I went back to my store for sports bras I found out that they don't sell them in the stores, but since I'd been measured they could order the bras for me and they'd be shipped to my house. I have never been happier. The difference is amazing. I'm so much more comfortable! These babies don't go ANYWHERE! And the bra itself is very comfortable.

When I went to get the sports bra, I spoke to the sales lady who helped me determine what size I'd want. I'm normally a size 18-20 in tops, and she told me to order a size down. Yes, they are pricey, but really, when you think about it, it's worth it in the long run! Taking care of the girls is something we HAVE to do.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Can you get Shock Absorber bras in the States? I swear by them for large chests! They do a heavy duty 'Run' bra which ensures they stay exactly where you want them x
    I have to second the Shock Absorbers, Fantastic, comfortable and can be purchased at reasonable cost on line if you shop around. I have the D+ Max for exercise class (aerobics/sculpt/zumba/circuits) and the RUN for when I run :)
    My friend who is an aerobic/Zumba/personal trainer swears by the ENELL SPORT Bra which were designed to enable well-endowed women to exercise.
    My 'lady bits' are a funny shape since I lost weight :embarassed: so Freya bras for work and play and Shock Absorbers for workout! :bigsmile:

I <3 Freya! <3<3<3 And I should've been born across the pond. My boobs fit in much better there.
    I'm an Enell girl. But I'll be looking at Shock Absorbers now. Thanks.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DDD and swear by Enell..can get them for around $60 on Amazon..pricey but last a long time and are a GODSEND for well-endowed women!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Go to Bare Necessities. They have all types of bras and support. Don't be stingy when it comes to your "girls" (I wear a 38 DDD!). I found a bra under $40 that I can jump and do TurboFire in. Protect them and your back!

=]

5499814.png
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought Champion brand racerback compression sports bras from Target when they were on sale for $10 each. I'm a D cup, and the compression paired with the racer back style really helped hold 'em in. I do recommend that whatever you get, to get a size smaller than you think. You want it to be tight. Not that it should be painful, but anything that feels comfy isn't going to support or compress enough.