Options

Replies

• rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • micmac327
    Options
    I'm soooooooo going to try this!!!! Thanks for the great recipe!
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    savinnnggg for laterrrr. i have ALL those things in my house right now :)
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump... breakfast for the weekend!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I LOVE muffins - Ever try the "Low Fat Pumpkin Muffins"? It's a box of Spice Cake Mix (Duncan Hines, Pillsbury??) and a 15 oz. can of solid-pack pumpkin. Period. Mix the two together and put it into a muffin pan (with liners or cooking spray). Bake for 20 min. at 400 degrees. Makes 12 muffins. 181 calories, 3.5 gms fat each. They're delicious, moist, and filling!

That sounds good. But, not a "clean" recipe if that's what you are looking for. I make flourless pumpkin muffins in the microwave with just vanilla protein powder, pumpkin puree, egg white, vanilla, cinnamon. I'm sure the OP's recipe would work if you add pumpkin puree instead of blueberries.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    yum, gotta try this
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Bump - Yummy!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Bump and may be getting a test run tonight!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump so i can find the recipe again!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time but instead of egg, I only add natural applesauce and water. You can also add protein powder to them if you choose. I got it from the web site chocolate covered katie and I make them in my cupcake/muffin tin (be sure to spray it well with olive oil or pam or they will not come out). I've also used 1/2 cup ramekins. I multiply the mix times 6 to fill my entire cupcake pan for 6 servings.

This is for ONE serving which is divided into two muffins:

1/2 cup oats (50g)
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 packet stevia or splenda (or none at all....I usually omit)
    3 T unsweetened applesauce (60g)
    1/4 cup milk, creamer, juice, or water (I use 2 ounces water)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine raw oats, applesauce, sweetener, and liquid. Pour into two well oiled 1/2-cup ramekins OR two wells of your traditional cupcake/muffin pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes (17 is perfect for me), or more until it’s firm. When I pop them out of my muffin tin and they are still warm, I squish them down to about the diameter of an english muffin .....I actualy use my tuna strainer to do this....I like them a little thinner so they have more surface area for toppings :)

There are tons of things you can add and the possibilities are endless as far spices. If you don't like applesauce, bananas or pumpkin works too. Katie has tons of different flavors on her site but I like these plain jane ones. To top them, I use peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, etc.

Two of these babies are a serving!

These stats are based on using sugar free applesauce, splenda and water with my quaker old fashioned rolled oats

Cals: 213, Carbs: 40, Fat: 4 grams, Protein: 6 grams, Sodium: 10 mgs, Fiber: 6 grams
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    just tried this....was totally disappointed :( too eggy.... ick.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I would like to give this a try. Thanks for posting. I'd like to try switching the egg for applesauce though (due to allergy). Looks good.
  • NikitaC2
    Options
    25hk2rt.png

Here is a good idea for breakfast or snack!

1/4 cup quick oats
    1 egg (sub. 1/4 egg beaters for less calories)
    small handful of blueberries
    little bit of brown sugar/stevia (optional)
    tbsp soymilk or regular milk(for added moistness!)

Mix it all up into a coffee mug!
    Put it in the microwave for 1 minute, make sure it doesn’t overflow! Add an extra 30 sec if it needs to firm up.

SORRY, THIS IS PROBABLY A SILLY QUESTION, BUT WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "1/4 egg beaters" ...?
  • sncampbell89
    Options
    That looks awesome! I am going to try that probably tomorrow morning! Thanks!! :D
  • CosmicLuv
    Options
    I am trying this soon! Looks great!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump