My diary is closed.

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    883a7-clap.gif

This is fine. Just don't be one of these people who post "what am i doing wrong threads" and leave the floor open to the mind-readers to guess.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My diary is completely public...every ugly inch of it lol. (Even that pint of fried rice I had all in one sitting the other night. :laugh: ) So far I haven't had anyone say anything rude to me at all. A few times I went too low on my cals and my friends pointed it out to me so I wouldn't make it a habit, but other than that everyone has been really nice. :smile:
  • bobbin1
    Options
    :wink: Why? Because it is MY diary. It is MY choice to have it open or closed. I write MYself notes, I am 100% honest with MYself because if I am not, the only that hurts is ME. If I had people critiquing what I eat, I would NOT write it down and who is that helping? Whether i am dieting or not, I don't tell ANYONE what I eat and how much and when, but you can bet your bum that the scale lets me know when I have screwed up:blushing: . Lots of times I do 'quick add' calories because I write everything down at home in the evenings and enter it when I get to work in the morning. I don't have lots and lots of time to enter 12 different items, but since I wrote the cals down I can enter them all at once and write a quick note to myself as to what it was. So, no... it's not alcohol calories for those of you who are quick to think that :laugh:

I am not here on MFP to have people tell me when, what, or what not to eat. I am here for the support and encouragement to keep on going. So the next time you make a "What is with these private diary people?" type comment... try and remember ME. Not everyone wants to share the info, and we, who choose not to, all have our own reasons. :flowerforyou: This journey is INDIVIDUAL... just because YOU do it one way, doesn't mean that we all have to. :heart:

Just thought I would put in my two cents on WHY I don't, since everyone seems to ask "what's with THOSE people that need to keep secrets"... :tongue:

LOL You tell'em, sistah! Mine is open to friends only for that reason....
    [/quote
    Mine is open to friends for a reason so they can help me with my food choices. I choice whom I wanted to be friends with.
  • Jess11079
    Options
    Dont worry about leaving yor diary closed. If you dont want to share it then its nobodys business...plain and simple.

The whole MFP support thing is great but lets be real, if you cannot be accountable for what you are eating then you will never ever get to and stay at a healthy weight. Support from others is great, but if the only reason you are not over eating or eating unhealthy is because your afraid you'll be chastised by one of your MFP friends is ridiculous.

To really battle a weight problem and/or food addiction you have to make the correct choices for yourself because you want to change... not in fear of what people will think.. because then you will just turn into a closet eater. SO, on that note.....I commend those with a closed diary who are still succeeding in their weightloss.....that shows true accountablity and control!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if mine is open or not. I don't think I would care what people said about what I eat, actually....
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    We can make our own blogs on here.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about leaving yor diary closed. If you dont want to share it then its nobodys business...plain and simple.

The whole MFP support thing is great but lets be real, if you cannot be accountable for what you are eating then you will never ever get to and stay at a healthy weight. Support from others is great, but if the only reason you are not over eating or eating unhealthy is because your afraid you'll be chastised by one of your MFP friends is ridiculous.

To really battle a weight problem and/or food addiction you have to make the correct choices for yourself because you want to change... not in fear of what people will think.. because then you will just turn into a closet eater. SO, on that note.....I commend those with a closed diary who are still succeeding in their weightloss.....that shows true accountablity and control!

That's some convoluted logic you've got there.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Another thing you can do is to make your diary password protected - which means if you need help from someone not on your friend list, you can set a password and give that out to those people you choose to help you. Just another option if anyone needs it.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ............................. okay.

You must not ever ask for help, eh?

Nothing gets me more annoyed than " I'm not losing weight and don't know why. " when the diary isn't open.

Do you have MFP " friends "? Do they get annoyed that your diary is closed?
  • sparkly96
    Options
    I agree with Amberboobar and Jess. Each one of is on our own personal weight loss journey and have to be accountable for our own actions. IMO we cant always use others to help us be accountable. Everyone has a right to privacy and should not be judged if support if needed and their diary is private. Wouldn't it be more supportive to help someone having a weight loss issue privately then to critisize? An open diary may work for some but not all. We are all on here for the same reasons and should respect others decisions.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I agree 200%....Unless I ask for someones opinion, and this goes for anything haha I couldn't give a flying rats *kitten* what anyone thinks :tongue:
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even consider making my diary open. I am completely honest logging because I don't have to make it public. I believe in eating what you like, in moderation, so there are lots of foods/beverages that various people consider poisonous/immoral. (And yes, I know it all goes into the MFP corporate database, but it's the same information they get from my supermarket checkout information.)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Op, I agree that you have to do what works. I specifically look for friends with open diaries as I like to find new healthy food options and it's helped me to peek and ask questions. I would never critique anothers eating
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If what you're eating works for you and you aren't starving yourself, it doesn't really matter what other people think :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Why bother adding friends if you close it? No need to add them... you can write people on the forums if you need support.

I personally delete people who close it because honestly, do you want a bunch of people saying "WTG" if you are below your calorie goal when what you actually ate was a big mac and nothing but diet soda all day? That's nothing to encourage you about...

Just my opinion.
  • girlholiday
    Options
    Mine's closed. I'm struggling with bingeing/purging, and alcohol abuse so it's easier for me to keep mine closed. I need to find a balance myself, but be around people who are aiming to be healthy because it helps me stay on track and find a better balance. :]
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I agree..... I keep mine closed too. It is my diary, my eating & my life.

Support is available if you want/need it/want to give it and we can motivate each other too, that is what is so successful about this site.

This journey is difficult enough without being 'judged' too..:wink:

^^^This...........:flowerforyou:
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I'm REALLY picky eater and I get crap from my family ALL the time but I JUST DON'T LIKE ALOT OF FOOD!! anyway it really hurts when they (and everyone else in my life for that matter) treats me like i'm dirt just cause i'm picky. I keep my diary closed cause I don't need that from MFP, I came here for support not hurt.
  • OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    I totally agree OP!
  • lisaforrester13
    Options
    Mine is closed too, was tired of the criticism ....