For runners who take smart phones..

Options

Replies

• xgg2rs
    xgg2rs Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have an Iphone and use the armband with no issues. I use it for the gps and music. I haven't used it in the rain yet though, I will probably just use my ipod on rainy days if I run outside.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have the Griffin Technology Survivor case...basically at Otterbox with a clip...and I clip my iPod touch to my shorts.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+Survivor+Case+for+4th-Generation+Apple®+iPod®+touch+-+Black/Blue/3458419.p?id=1218404162082&skuId=3458419
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    I'm a walker and runner and I put it in my tunebelt or my jacket pocket.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My armband was from ebay and cost me about $2.50 :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options

This... Made from neoprene, so my phone had never gotten wet.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When i run alone, in my bra.
    When i run with baby, in her stroller.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Armband! Bought a cheapo on Amazon & I got what I paid for. :noway: Went to TJMaxx & found a decent Griffin model for $9.99. Works great - comfy over long sleeve or on my bare arm.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I started with an arm band and then one day the plastic sleeve, which was attached to the arm band, came off and I noticed it had a clip on it. So I thought, "Wait a minute..." and now I attach it to my waistband on my shorts. I can feed my headphones under my shirt so they don't get in the way. More comfortable than the arm band.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Google Tune Belt Armband these are awesome. My husband uses one and swears by it. If I start running I will get one but for now I don't need it walking. I always have a jacket with pockets.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just ordered an armband for running without a jacket pocket to put my iphone into. In the summer on the bike I'll have my back jersey pockets to put it in, but I also put it into a ziplock to keep it from getting sweaty (or rained on).
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Arm strap....
  • TigressStripes
    TigressStripes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a Tunebelt - www.tunebelt.com/ab83 - that holds my phone (a Motorola Atrix 2) perfectly, and I still can manipulate the screen while I'm running. I don't even feel it when I'm running.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    i bought on arm band from Ebay for mine, it was only about $8
  • ella78
    ella78 Posts: 23
    Options
    I bought a runner's belt that I love. It has 2 small pockets -- one keeps my keys and lip balm, the other holds my phone. It's made of a stretchy fabric so I could probably stuff more in there, but that's all I really need.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i put my phone in my sports bra it stays great in there lol
  • sboskovi
    Options
    either hold it in my hand, or armband. If you just doing exercises around the house? i would say just get the armband. most of them are universal fit and all phones will fit in it. The highest ive seen them online is for about 11 bucks.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Personally I found the arm band quite uncomfortable. I had to tighten it so much to get it to stay up on my arm! I have a waistband which I carry my key, swipe card, iPhone and two mini bottles of water. I swivle it round so its on the small of my back, rather than on the front. I've learned to be able to grab the water bottles from behind. I don't notice it when running. It was from a cheap sports store.

This. Bought my waist pack at Walmart in the camping section for about 5 bucks! The water bottle is worthless, but even so, it's worth 5 bucks.
  • urbanmasala
    urbanmasala Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I run with my iPhone. I have an arm band I wear. Its the best...I use my gps tracker and my iTunes and its perfect. Does your phone fit into an arm band?

I just looked up iPhone arm band holders on Amazon and they all seem to have pretty decent ratings. Which one do you use? I'm going to get one, but a recommendation would be good.

Thanks.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Some interesting solutions, thanks all.

I think I will buy a decent arm band from Amazon and try again with that as thinking about it the last time I tried to use one I was probably 50lbs heavier, I may get on better with one now. Plus if it's rubbish I can always return it, Amazon are pretty good about taking things back!
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    http://www.nathansports.com/our-products/runners-paks-music-carriers/runners-paks/5k-runners-pak

I have a running pack from Nathans sport. It is made of neoprene so my phone never gets wet. And it has a small outside zipped pouch and a larger pouch. I keep my ID, keys, phone, sometimes a little snack, tissue, and lip balm. I've ran 3 half marathons using it and take it for all my trianing runs. I sometimes will wear it backwards and hang the earphone cord down my back and out of the way. I really love it.