Pear shaped women-dropping pants sizes?

Options
How much did you lose before you started dropping pants sizes??? I started out at 192, in size 14 with quite a muffin top :(
This morning I am at 179, and still in 14's! True, my gut is almost totally gone, my butt and thighs are higher and tighter from cardio and weights...generally everything fits well now. I look a lot better in my clothes, but when do I get to start dropping sizes???

Replies

• alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and hour glass shaped, starting weight was 172 and size 14 jeans. After just a month, I dropped 5 inches and one pant size, but no lbs. In the last 2 weeks, I have continued to drop inches, but only lost 2 lbs. Over the last 10 years, I have been many different sizes, and I have always noticed that I gain from the top up and lose from the top down. And since you said your stomach is almost totally gone, my guess is you are the same way. Hang in there....it will happen!
  • CORIB1
    Options
    I have noticed that it depends on the woman. some women take 10-20lbs loss in order to see a change in pant size. I lost 17lbs thus far and have only dropped 1 size on the bottom but 2 sizes on the top! I guess some of us pear shaped women tend to loose weight in the upper body first. It sounds like your doing great just be patient :)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person entirely. I've lost 60 pounds and only really dropped two or three pant sizes.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    10lbs more or less but it happens even faster now that I do heavy weight lifting which can affect your weight but lose pants sizes.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I have lost 11 pounds and can feel the difference in my pants, but not enough to drop a size. I can wear smaller tops, though.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate my pear shape. Ugh! In the past its been about 10lbs. It varies A LOT per person. My SIL did diet pills and lost 30lbs FAST. I asked her if she had to buy a whole new wardrobe. She said no my pants are a little looser but they still fit. :noway: That's where body composition come into play. Are you losing fat or are you losing muscle.

Also I lose it in my waist first and I have that huge gap at the back of my pants. Grrrr! I've been wearing belts lately.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and finally dropped a pant size after 20 lbs off, but it obviously came off my top more noticeably.

Women's pants sizes in the US are fantasy-based anyway.