Need Friends and Motivation for 30 yr old mom

Options
I just turned 30 and celebrated my 5 year anniversary. I just had my second kid in December which was a c-section so I have a lot to lose off my tummy. I am 5' 3" and 171lbs. I hope to be 140 by next year....I need friends, I need motivation....My starting picture is to come...

Replies

• tina22382
    Options
    hey I am a 30 yo mom too that just had knee surgery and needs to lose weight. Please add me.
  • tina22382
    Options
    i haven't added any pics yet either.
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me. I'm 32 with 3 kids. My only pictures are in underwear so I haven't posted.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    Hi I am 30 years old I was 180 when I started and im 5'1!!! I have lost a little over 20 lbs:)
  • imanewwoman11
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi, I am a 46 year old wife, mother, teacher, grandmother (step-grandmother, but still a grandmother!). I've been on a diet my whole life (or at least pretending I was). I will be glad to encourage you and to be your accountability partner. Would you do the same for me?

I started my weight loss journey at 234 lbs. I am now 189. When I first started, it took me thirty minutes to walk a mile. TODAY I walked/jogged a mile in 14:48. I still have a long way to go to reach 135, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

As you finish today, make sure you've gotten in your 8 glasses of water (8 ounces each). Did you have a chance to move today (other than chasing a child? :happy: ) Even in the craziest times, take some moments for yourself. YOU are worth it!
  • misslissa121
    Options
    30 year old mother of 5. 1/3 of the way to my goal of 60lbs
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    Hi! I'm your same height and we have the same weight goal. I had 2 c-section babies! We've got a lot in common except I'm a wee bit older :) Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • weezella
    weezella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am a 30yo Mom of three children (7 yo girl,5 yo girl,1 yo boy) I have been following my fitness pal for almost 6 months, lost 61lbs and still have more to lose. :) Add me if you would like. This is lifestyle change for me and I am loving every minute!!
  • rede2losemore
    Options
    Hello all, 39 male gonna be 40 trying to get back to my military weight :)
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 30 years old I was 180 when I started and im 5'1!!! I have lost a little over 20 lbs:)

OP and others feel free to add me. I'm in my late 30's, mother of two, married 15 yrs, weighing in the 180's. Trying to lose 50 lbs!!!
  • knelson422
    Options
    So, I am a bit older, 38, have had 5 c sections and 1 normal delivery - believe me I totally get the tummy area that needs to go. I think some of mine is scar tissue and may never naturally go away, but I call it my battle scar and wear it with honor. I am always looking for friends too. Add me if you are still needing help. Good luck. We can do this. One day at a time.
  • miesham
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a 27yr old mother of one son and I need some motivation. My husband tries to help but he doesn't understand, he is in tip top shape. I have just started but I lost 5lbs so far and I have a lot more to go. Feel free to add me, I could sure use the friends:smile:
  • shazamonster
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 32 with 7 month old bub. I'm 5'4, 125 lbs. Just lost all baby weight after 5 months of hard work (diet and exercise). I also had a c section.
  • poysen
    Options
    I'm 34 with 2 kids. The youngest is 9 months, so I've got a lot to lose. Was over 200 pounds Christmas time. I'm now 19 pounds lighter, but still looking at another 40-50 (preferably 50) pounds left to lose.

Feel free to add me. I'm trying to make it a more routine part of my day to be and log in here. Kinda my guilt trip to myself if I don't have something positive to put on here, you know?
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 yr old mom of an 18 month boy. Anyone can add me I can use the motivation and can motivate as well.

I started six weeks ago and have not made many friends.
  • chazcallan
    Options
    My wife and I just joined the site and think its great... I hope you all beat your goals and keep going... I was one of those that was like 300lbs.. never happen to me... Well, a week ago I stepped on the scale and was 299... Wake up call!

I started that day... Down to 286 already so it can be done! Got to make time for yourself... If you got kids get them moving too... Good Luck all and feel free to add..
  • JonathansMom0910
    Options
    I thought I was the only one in this boat-I guess not;)

Anyone feel free to add me.

I am a stay at home mom of an 18 mos old and had a c-section (2 mos early). Part of the weight is from that, part from being fat all my life, part from quitting smoking, and part from a serious health issue last year.

I started at 255 and am now at 228. I work out 5 days a week (1 day is just yoga) and changed my diet/lifestyle. Trying to cook for a family and yourself in the same meal when you are the only one watching the food on your plate is a challenge, but I am sure most of you face this one.

I am in a 30 day sprint to fit into a dress for a wedding on March 24th....not sure how smart I was in that....

Glad to see others in the same boat as I am!!
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 with 4 kids (2 births & 2 step). My husband and I have been married for 1 year now. Our 5th anniversary we plan on having a "real" wedding! :wink:

Feel free to add me. I'd love to have other moms on my support team & vise versa.
  • dannilose35
    Options
    I am a 35yr old married mom of 2 c/s babies and I'm 5'3", started at 169lbs. I am looking to lose 35lbs possibly. I so relate on the c/s apron that haunted me daily...I did something about it (wink, wink). So now I am trying to lose bf%. I do Zumba 3-4 times a week for fitness. Feel free to add me.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm a 34 y/o mom of two, (almost 4 girl and 20month old boy).I joined mfp in jan. i have been heavy my whole life and trying to do something about it now! my little ones are at that age where they dont/wont stay still for long and i really want to beable to keep up with them as they are growing so fast! feel free to add me to your friends