SUGAR...Why is my daily limit set so low OR how do i reduce

Options
So I just added sugar as one of my tabs for my diary and apparently i have been exceeding it somtimes 4 fold over....why is it so low and how do i get it down when it is in everything healthy that i eat....whole wheat bread, NATURAL peanut butter, FRUITS, fat free cottage cheese, EVERYTHING....

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine is over all the time too. I've heard people say not to count the amounts that come from whole fruits. When I do that I'm usually at the target or under. As long as the sugars aren't added sugars (from snacks, empty calories etc.) I wouldn't worry about it. There are obviously tons of healthy whole foods that have natural sugars that can add up. If it becomes a problem then I'd limit them some, but as long as you are on track and they're natural and healthy, don't worry!
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always go over sugar especially when I eat fruit. Simple sugar like what is in fruit is not bad (or as bad) for you like the complex sugars in say chocolates/candy etc.I don't even worry about the sugar unless its something bad I wanna eat. Its all about moderation and the type of sugar that you eat. Fruit sugar is ok, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • sugar280zx
    Options
    Mine is over all the time too. I've heard people say not to count the amounts that come from whole fruits. When I do that I'm usually at the target or under. As long as the sugars aren't added sugars (from snacks, empty calories etc.) I wouldn't worry about it. There are obviously tons of healthy whole foods that have natural sugars that can add up. If it becomes a problem then I'd limit them some, but as long as you are on track and they're natural and healthy, don't worry!

so as long as its not a natural occurring sugar we should count it towards our daily limit... am I understanding this correctly?
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to "not count them" but yes, if sugar is a concern, make note of added sugars and try to limit those specifically. Don't let the natural ones worry you.
  • jai2011
    Options
    I guess my largest concern with this topic is that I want to specifically loose belly fat and I have read in a number of places that sugar intake is a big factor with that...anyone have any insight on what i should focus on to get a flat stomach...I know that fat cannot be lost from only one area of the body but i just want to make sure I am not doing anything that is conunterintuitive (aka eating too much sugar) to what I am working for.
  • liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do we have an answer for sure on this!? I'm the SAME way. 1/4 Banana and 2 T non-fat yogurt in my smoothie this morning and 1 C grapes for a snack, not even to lunch yet and I'm over. I'm 'eating clean' and eating 5 servings of veggies and fruit per day at LEAST and trying to keep fruit at 2 just for this very reason.