What's easier/harder for you dieting or exercise?

Options

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Totally the food intake ! I can exercise until the cows come home. But man, I STILL struggle with unders and macros.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The food part is definitely the easiest part for me. I love exercising and I always push myself to the max. It's the food thing I have issues with.
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Don't really exercise just do stuff like walk instead of taking a shuttle, etc. As long as I eat the right food, the diet is pretty easy as well.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The food is torture for me. I love exercise, gym, yoga, sweating, swiiming, walking, love it? Food, I love it, too much in fact...
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Exercise, eating right can still be done when having no energy or when you have a tight schedule.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I like exercise, I don't like getting off my *kitten* to START tho lol eating crappy food isn't pleasurable for me it's just habit so IDK which is harder really...
  • anita_summers
    Options
    I wish i could say neither was harder :(.. exercising is much harder than dieting...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Dieting and making time for exercise. I like the exercise when I get there. Getting there can be hard.

Dieting is worse though, because I am a foodie, and I love trying new foods! And not all of these will be helpful.

I am jealous of the people who can switch their daily routine and add more activity.

My body doesn't react well to "daily activity" it has no impact on my weight at all. I need to do something high intensity to see results. So I know I need to hit the gym for anything to happen.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Diet is a piece of cake compared to deadlifts. If you think exercise is easy, you're not working hard enough . Well, maybe I shouldn't say that since something is better than nothing. But as I like to say, if you're gonna go, go all the way.
  • alnav
    alnav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been an athlete my entire life until suffering from serious knee and ankle injuries which have made cardio nearly impossible. My biggest issue believe it or not is finding a way to tone down the intensity of my workouts. I ve found myself pushing myself too far whenever i try to get myself back into the gym which seems to set me back even further. Since, my last injury lifestlye has changed drastically: its gone from highly active to nearly sedentary with my new office job which has resulted in me gaining about 25lbs in the past 7 months.

Im looking to see if anyone has tips into easing myself back into the gym so I don't burn myself out. Any help out there?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I can talk myself out of doing it SO easily.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i find sticking to eating plan is hardest of all i love choclate chip cookies!!!!!!!!!
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Depends on the day. Sometimes I feel super motivated to exercise, and other days it's like slogging through mud. And some days I'll be starving no matter what I do, and others I feel full from small things.

But I think exercise is definitely harder for the first few months you do it. Because it takes a while to build up the habit, and it doesn't take long to have to start that process of building the habit over again if you miss several days.
  • Camilalea
    Camilalea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dieting!

I like exercising. It makes me feel strong and empowered. Dieting...psychologically, I feel like I'm depriving myself of the foods I love. The ones everyone else I know eat. Dieting makes me unhappy, exercising makes me smile.

Sometimes I just want to curl up on the couch, watch the Notebook, and eat pints of Ben and Jerrys with popcorn, cinnamon rolls, lasagna, french fries, shakes, and brownies.
  • fguillory
    Options
    Exercise. I gotta make myself do it half the time, but i do it
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Love to exercise .... the food part is hard... But I used to hate to exercise also, now I look forward to it, just hard to cut the cravings ! Good luck to all ! :)
  • DisneyGirl13
    Options
    Getting my eating under control is harder than making myself sweat, for sure!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Diet is a piece of cake compared to deadlifts. If you think exercise is easy, you're not working hard enough . Well, maybe I shouldn't say that since something is better than nothing. But as I like to say, if you're gonna go, go all the way.
    It's true that a good workout is hard, and if it was easy you may not have pushed yourself hard enough. But I find no matter how hard a workout my be, I always feel good about myself in the end. I'm sure some of that is the endorphins that get released during a hard workout.

It's too bad endorphins aren't released when you are hungry!!!!!
  • jasondcooper
    Options
    right now exercising is harder

For me too. Thankfully, I'm doing well with the diet part so I'm not adding weight. But I'm also not losing the flab!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I LOVE exercise...wasnt until I buckled down on the eating that I started to loose the weight I put on over 10 years though. Eating habits are 80% of the weight loss. Sad, cause I love exercising and love food more