What's easier/harder for you dieting or exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• carlachristinewhite
    Options
    I used to think exercising is more difficult than dieting. I guess it is dieting that is now more difficult for me because I got to plan what I eat, watch what my intake of certain foods and become more paranoid about eating this and that coz you won't be able to perform well during workouts if you eat unhealthy stuff. I recently said NO to alcohol when I went out on a ladies night at a club in VEGAS and turned down a breakfast buffet in Bellagio (one of the best one I had!) because I don't want to be lazy and bloated come Monday's workout! LOL
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Totally the food intake ! I can exercise until the cows come home. But man, I STILL struggle with unders and macros.

EXACTLY!!!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love food! Exercising is easier in comparison..
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Food is harder, I LOVE to workout.
    But I also love food lol
  • shagdoll
    Options
    Exercise is easier at the moment. I actually look forward to it right now & I like to switch it up.
    Tae Bo, Zumba, Stairs, even walking can be fun!
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Dieting is easier for sure, I'm a waitress so I get a lot of "exercise" working, but you cant log that! I frequently have sore muscles just from working! Its difficult to force myself to work out on top of that, but I really need to.
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    For me dieting is easier than exercising, because I've become hopelessly addicted to the Internet.
    :smile:
  • anonymousbee
    Options
    I think you both misunderstood me lol, I never said exercise was easy it is hard, but I'd rather go through the physical pain of a workout than the mental temptation any day so the pain and hard work during exercise is easy compared to dieting.

Diet is a piece of cake compared to deadlifts. If you think exercise is easy, you're not working hard enough . Well, maybe I shouldn't say that since something is better than nothing. But as I like to say, if you're gonna go, go all the way.
    It's true that a good workout is hard, and if it was easy you may not have pushed yourself hard enough. But I find no matter how hard a workout my be, I always feel good about myself in the end. I'm sure some of that is the endorphins that get released during a hard workout.

It's too bad endorphins aren't released when you are hungry!!!!!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Exercise is way harder for me. I have to MAKE myself do it everyday. I hope that as I get healthier and stronger I'll find a love for it.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The diet part is really easy for me, ots the exercise i really struggle with. i just dont enjoy it most of the time
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say exercise, but it's hard because, said shamefully, I haven't really done either. I've modified my eating and exercised portion control, but that's about it. I don't consider that "dieting", because I've made changes I can live with for the rest of my life, rather than doing something short term. For me, the concept of dieting just won't work. The concept of making every food a decision point - do I really want this and is it good for me - is much easier to follow.