Options
    I have a "green" smoothie.

2-3 cups of spinach
    1 tbs of ground flax
    banana
    frozen berries
    Sunrype veggie/fruit juice
    Fat free greek vanilla yogurt for protein

It's delicious, I just started drinking it so my stomach isn't used to having so little in the morning, but I will get better with it!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

That looks positively scrumptious. Just to clarify - each cookie is 234 calories? Sorry if I missed something obvious...

Yes one cookie but that's all you need. My son eats more but he never stops moving so he can handle it ;-)
  • donnacopko
    Options
    I like Ezekiel bread (toasted) with a little cream cheese and a couple of slices of oranges. I have tea or coffee with it, and sometimes an egg.
  • recordova
    Options
    Special K Cereal with 1/2 box raisins & 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • beethovens5
    Options
    Actually, the breakfast you initially described, your oatmeal, egg beaters, and fruit, is about as perfect as a breakfast as you can get, health wise (assuming you are talking about plain, unflavored oatmeal). Add a scoop of protein powder to the oatmeal, and nothing else. Add a small handful of nuts. If it gets boring, just switch out your fruit or your protein powder flavor, or your nuts.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I do

eggs whites 1/2 cup or so
    whole grain toast and peanut butter... somethings I eat a Banana also
  • harriet_jupp
    Options
    I'm having 1 piece of toast with half a tin of spaghetti hoops and a boiled egg only 299 calories!
    Also for anyone who likes sugary cereal buy truvia or any other stevia leaf sweetner it tastes great on bland cereal and no calories!
  • njhallman
    Options
    If you want something that you can just pick up try Subway. They have new breakfast sandwiches and they're pretty good.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with cinnamon and chia seeds, 12 grain toad in the hole (you cut a hole in the bread with a small glass, throw the bread in a pan, crack a egg into the hole, when it is cooked a little you flip it all over, add some salt and pepper, a little hot sauce and eat it), greek yogurt with honey and granola or with chopped fruit.
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nuts, lightly salted with sea salt or non-salted. Just a few fill me up, perfect if you don't feel like eating much. Peanuts have 170 calories in 1 oz.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like Ezekiel bread (toasted) with a little cream cheese and a couple of slices of oranges. I have tea or coffee with it, and sometimes an egg.

That sounds so good! I've not been a breakfast person for 30+ years, and have had to force myself to eat a little something with my morning coffee (mocha)... I find that I'm doing good to get a yogurt or boiled egg down, but around 10am I try to have a handful of almonds (23 of them, but who's counting!) Crazy thing is - I've only been doing this for 4 mos, and I miss it now when I don't have time to stop and grab a bite...

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For me, 2 cups of coffee with Baileys fat free irish cream coffee creamer and a Dannon Greek fruit on bottom yogurt. I used to eat regular yogurt, but switched to greek a couple of months ago since it makes me feel full longer.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp peanut butter on 1 slice whole wheat toast and cup of skim milk, 2 fried eggs and english muffin, hard boiled egg and banana, 1 serving of oatmeal with 1/2 c blueberries (fresh or frozen no sugar added), plain greek yogurt with low cal sweetner and fruit, regular yogurt and fruit, granola bar, cereal and skim milk, egg white omelet with veggies, 1 scoop protein powder and 1 c skim milk
    Good luck!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like some of the Kashi Go lean cereals they have a lot of protein/fiber ect. Also I make scrambled eggs with 1 egg two egg whites and add veggies to them. (spinach, tomato, onion or whatever you like). Sometimes Feta cheese.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Light English muffin with peanut butter
  • Whimpy10
    Options
    I have a smoothie with frozen fruit, soy milk and a greek yogurt. Yummy and filling
  • kfallbach
    kfallbach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    fruit smoothy