Options

Replies

• twilightteamedward
    Options
    bump
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    One more way for us to know if we are doing things right.
  • teamsaris
    Options
    I love reading about floating poop first thing in the morning :) LOL!!!

Off to drink some skim milk and check my...um...results ;)
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    what if it takes 2 or 3 flushes, a local witchdoctor and a small group outside your bathroom window chanting words of encouragement as well as a toilet cistern mounted in the ceiling, just to let get gravity get thst extra "ooomph" behind it, is that just me or do others have the same daily experience about 8 times a day??
  • 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Surely the best thing to do is moderate your fat intake and convert to healthy fats? Fat is important in a balanced diet.

This sounds like 'get some calcium, eat a shedload of McDonalds, but don't worry because you'll poop it out'.

Either way I hope this doesn't turn into some type of diet book... Here's mine:

1) Eat a balanced diet with a calorie deficit.
    2) Exercise (cardio and weights).
    3) Monitor bodyfat % and not just weight.
    4) When at target body fat move to maintenance and continue 2).

How can we have 10,000 books when the principles are so simple?
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I've also heard that the darker your urine the more dehydrated you are - and you need to drink more water. "Healthy" urine should be only very faint yellow.

This is correct..But don't worry about the dark colour of a morning as this is usually........
  • yorkies2
    Options
    I have heard the same thing in the past.
    I take viactiv calcium chews.
  • KimLeyva
    Options
    How do you change your calcium maximum? I think mine is set at just 100.....
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    What if it goes 'clink?'

Sounds like you're a little 'heavy' on the mineral supplements :laugh:
  • harriet_jupp
    Options
    This is true if you drink a small glass of milk after each meal it supposedly binds to the fat you just ate and then it can't be absorbed in this state :) obviously take care and drink a semi skimmed or skimmed variety
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think poop is an excellent way to chart your health. I had a girl tell me once that she NEVER looks at her poop. Come on - seriously? How can you not!? It is like your body's diary!
    Yes! It really says a lot about your health. After all, back in the day, they even had professional "poop examiners". Makes sense! I'm not sure why there are so many people who are 'grossed out' or embarassed about discussing such a normal bodily function - *everybody* poops.

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Everyone_Poops.jpg)
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    calcium is tracked by percentage. So the 100 is 100% of what you should be getting on a daily basis, leading to believe that it means 1200 mg Happy tracking! :tongue:
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Did Dr. Oz provide the reference to the actual study? 1200 mg of Ca per day is the gov't recommendation, but it's an amount that is disputed by top researchers in Cornell and Harvard.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    This calcium thing has been out for ages... the suggestion is to eat more low fat dairy with food to help aid the reduction in absorption of fat in the intestine. I always have low fat dairy with my dinner.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Floating poop = good.... gotcha!!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Surely the best thing to do is moderate your fat intake and convert to healthy fats? Fat is important in a balanced diet.

This sounds like 'get some calcium, eat a shedload of McDonalds, but don't worry because you'll poop it out'.

Either way I hope this doesn't turn into some type of diet book... Here's mine:

1) Eat a balanced diet with a calorie deficit.
    2) Exercise (cardio and weights).
    3) Monitor bodyfat % and not just weight.
    4) When at target body fat move to maintenance and continue 2).

How can we have 10,000 books when the principles are so simple?

This is correct but also its not harmful to do so and taking in more calcium whilst training can have great other benefits such as increasing the strength of bones, especially in young adolesecent women and younger women. This helps build bone density in their younger years whilst at the same time aiding them to perhaps lose weight.

Dairy can be low fat or fat free and rich in calcium and is a great source of it. And is an easy thing to add to most people's diets. For example, low/zero fat cottage cheese, low fat cream cheese, skimmed milk, low fat/fat free yoghurt... etc etc.

There is nothing wrong with what you've said too, but why NOT add in calcium...it certainly will be beneficial to becoming stronger physically and as a body!!!
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    what if it takes 2 or 3 flushes, a local witchdoctor and a small group outside your bathroom window chanting words of encouragement as well as a toilet cistern mounted in the ceiling, just to let get gravity get thst extra "ooomph" behind it, is that just me or do others have the same daily experience about 8 times a day??

Thank you for my laugh this morning! :laugh:
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just love the smart allecks of MFP
  • 100lb
    100lb Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lol, have noticed my pop floats more on days when I've eat more dairy theed previous day, never thought it was a good thing, now loo know thanks
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just set my macros to show calcium and MFP only sets it at 100.

I guess I should change it to 1200.

I looked at calcium yesterday as I'm supposed to eat a high calcium diet (my mum has severe osteoperosis and my dad osteoarthritis). According to MFP there was 0 calcium in the skimmed milk that I had and 0 calcium in the natural yogurt that I had!