Fitbit

Options
I am thinking about buying a fitbit. Anyone here have one? If so, how do you like it?

Replies

• valheid
    valheid Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I received mine last week and love it. I use my HRM for cardio as my FB doesn't track as well since it's not a monitor designed for that. But everything else is terrific. It tracks EVERYTHING else..including sleep, steps, floors, calories per day and also has a start/stop option so you can accurately track your extra activities, ie: weight training etc. I highly recommend it. Hope this helps!
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I received mine last week and love it. I use my HRM for cardio as my FB doesn't track as well since it's not a monitor designed for that. But everything else is terrific. It tracks EVERYTHING else..including sleep, steps, floors, calories per day and also has a start/stop option so you can accurately track your extra activities, ie: weight training etc. I highly recommend it. Hope this helps!

Yes that helps so much! thank you. Now I cant wait to order and get it in the mail.
  • ange44
    Options
    I'm wiating for mine to arrive and am rally looking forward to it as well. Sounds great
  • mandy_lee86
    mandy_lee86 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar which I absolutely love. However, I've been thinking about getting a Fitbit for the steps, stairs, etc.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have one, its made maintaining a lot easier as i can track my day to day spikes in activity and account for them.
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    I LOVE mine, I've had it for a month and don't even think about putting it on or taking it off. It's become such a seamless habit before I'm fully awake onto the bra strap it goes. It's a great motivator to get up and move.
  • CrystalBailey04
    Options
    I have had mine since October and absolutely love it! Would recommend it to anyone...and I have actually. By my recommendations my mom, cousin and my boss have all gotten fitbits and love it as well.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I log everything on MFP and MFP syncs with my FitBit which is great since MFP has a larger collections of foods etc stored. I still use my HRM to track cardio exercises since this can only really tell you steps and stairs and can not gauge your exertion or HR and can not give you an accurate count during real works. But it tracks steps and calories burned throughout the day so you know BMR and it tells you how much to eat based on how many calories you burn. Love it.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine. I try to beat how many flights of stairs I took the day before, or how many total steps. I also love that it tracks how long I sleep.

My one gripe is that the food tracking' isn't nearly as easy as with MFP. You can sync the two things, but i haven't, since the fitbit counts every little movement as calorie burn. On MFP I only log exercise that is significant.

Each week fitbit sends you a progress chart with all of your stats on it.

It's not that expensive, and worth every penny, in my opinion.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I use mine for stairs and steps. and love it.
    Polar HRM for active times, with a Oregon Scientific data logger.
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So I should also get the Polar HRM for when I do bootcamp classes, etc? I love the sleep option on the fitbit. I know I dont sleep well at all.