Removing friends

Options
interceptor311
interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
How long do you wait to remove a friend for inactivity?

Replies

• ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    7 days, because by then, they've gotten the reminder that they haven't logged it at 3 days and again at a week. : /
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I usually wait about 2 weeks. I figure this is long enough to return from vacation or a couple of weeks break. After that, I remove and go on about supporting my daily loggin' friends
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    7 days. If they were that committed they would sign in everyday. I need people who are willing to work hard.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Closer to a month, cuz I'm lazy and don't always notice that they haven't been on. I assume one or two weeks could be a vacation (and often is, so I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger).
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person, if it is a friend IRL I have a lot more grace and will usually keep them around longer; for everyone else I will clean it list every couple of months.
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    Normally I give them 30 days :wink: I figure if they haven't tried in that amount of time they don't want to be here.:smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    30 days. If they aren't in by then, then I would think that it's not important to them anymore.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person...

*If they haven't commented or what-not in a while and don't support me I delete after 3 days.
    *If they are an avid user and generally comments and supports me and I can see them on my activity wall usually- I delete after no login of a month (things happen- vacations, family issues...)
    *My personal family and friends that I know OFF of this site will stay my friend FOREVERRRRR. :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much time I have, haha. Sometimes I forget to go through my friends and check. When I see the message that they haven't logged in for a few days I usually send a message or comment. I usually give them at least a couple of weeks, people go on vacation or get busy at work. While I love the support of my friends who log daily like I do, not everyone is attached to a computer all day like I am :)
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to their activity, so haven't removed anyone. I was thinking about removing everyone though, and stop checking these message boards, and just use MFP for tracking my food. I have great support at home, my friends are also very supportive, and I'm getting busier, so something has to go! MFP, nice as it is, doesn't take a lot of time, but it's one of those things where I haven't bonded with anyone new and will do fine with or without this part. I'm going to get this down to just my food tracking.

This hasn't been a weight loss journey for me anyway, it just became part of the journey. I went on this food plan because I decided to go anti inflammatory for health issues. The lovely side effect is losing weight. So, I feel little need to get support for losing weight. I truly am on this for health reasons that have little to nothing to do with my excess weight.

Anyway, you all take care. Thank you for the reminder about my friends list. I think I'll only leave a couple of long time friends who have been friends for years and years. We communicate elsewhere, so this would just be so we could check each other's trackings.

Bye bye all! have a great life each one of you, and I wish you well on your weight loss journey, and even more I wish you good health.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    a month
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Never. My life is not dull enough to go through and find out who is or isn't active. If they aren't logging in, then they aren't showing up on my feed, so it really doesn't affect me.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    i only remove friends who talk about removing friends:wink:
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    I sometimes send them a message asking if they are ok etc - and if you don't get a reply after a while (but allow time for holidays) hey at least you tried...........
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have to remove a friend for inactivity. In fact, I can't say that it's ever been a reason I've removed a friend.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have to remove a friend for inactivity. In fact, I can't say that it's ever been a reason I've removed a friend.

+1
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me by the way.. I just started this again and trying to make it work this time.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Two weeks. I get too many friend requests to keep everyone, and I hate saying "no."
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Usually a week but it took me 3 weeks to delete my mum. haha
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    10 days and you're outta here! (unless I know you're on vaca or something has happened)/

Generally speaking, all my friends are active daily.