EA Sports Active 2 vs. Wii Fit Plus -- comparisons?

Options
ajbeans
ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
Ok folks, I have Wii Fit Plus right now. And for right now, it's perfect. I'm not used to exercising much, so the fact that it's not super-intense is just right for my fitness level. But I'm thinking about saving some cash and getting EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii later on.

Has anybody used both? Can you compare and contrast the two? How much different is EA Sports Active 2?

Replies

• writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thinking about the same thing myself so I am curious to see the replies
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use wii fit plus for fun with my kids and to help keep them active. I am considering getting sports active too because I heard it was a step up from wii fit plus. But I have not tried SA2 yet!
  • rikkitikki
    rikkitikki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't have 2 yet, but EA Sports active 1 is more intense, but you can vary the level of difficulty. I didn't know there was such a thing as a lunge jump before I tried it on the Hard setting! The kind of exercises it has are very focused, challenging, and yes, you will break a sweat. Wii Fit Plus is nice but it's more of a "gateway" game/warmup. If you feel good with that and want to go further, definitely step it up with EA Sports Active.
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I have both, though I have EA Active 2 for PlayStation. EA is definitely a better workout. You can either do a 3 week cardio jumpstart or a 9 week plan or customize your own. I like the activities and wish there were more of those, but it does make me break a sweat. I am also just getting back in the saddle with exercise, so I try to vary what I do. I use EA Active 2 like every other day, then do a walking aerobic routine on the other days. If I'm feeling like I just need to do something a little extra, or just want to have some fun and still burn calories, I use Wii Fit Plus. Plus, I like the Wii for weighing in on the balance board.
    So I'd say the Wii Fit is good for starting out or for having fun with the kids, but I think it will get boring. EA Active is a better workout, but probably not quite as much fun. And I think that will get a bit boring as well, which is why I got the PS3 version, so I can download extra content from time to time (at an extra cost of course!)

Good luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the input! I think I'll put away a few bucks here and there and buy the EA one later in the year. :)
  • bookgal5799
    Options
    I have all the EA actives. I love EA2 because it has the heart moniter so during the entire workout you can see your heartrate. It also gives you the option of using weights as opposed to the stretch band. The activities are different on the EA actives and 2 says there will be new routines which I hope because I am not thrilled with only the soccer and basketball. I do like the step aerobics.
    Good luck.
  • stephlayne
    stephlayne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    EA 2 ROCKS! I started my weight loss using the Biggest Loser Challenge and I HATED it! It was really obnoxious and not a very good work out. I traded the BL game into Amazon for EA 2 and have already lost 8 pounds in last two weeks! Just do the big 64 challenge and do it. It really works well with MFP!!!
  • JustCallMeKate
    JustCallMeKate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the EA active 2 and it's great. Bought it at best buy(Canada) for 49.99. It was 99.99 everywhere else.
  • MrsD15
    MrsD15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the EA Active 2 and the Wii Fit. Was going to get the Wii Fit Plus but my Husband came home with the Active 2 and I'm in love with it. It really give me an old school work out that I love. It hurts but I love it. Trying to get back in the swing of things since before baby who is now 17 months. The Active 2 works out all my muscles and my husband bought it at SAMs for 19.99 on sale. Great buy. The heart monitor and the leg monitor are awesome. Great work out without the gym. I also have Zumba for the Wii and it is fun as well.