Do you take a daily Vitamin?

Options

Replies

• xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Yup started taken One A Day Womes Active Mind and Body... I don't feel so tired anymore and my hunger is so uncontrollable which is funny lol
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I should, but I don't
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, 2000 IU of Vitamin D and a fish oil supplement.

I only can tell when I DONT take them. :)
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I take the Equate Woman's One-a-day vitamin too. I also take a fish oil pill as well. My husband was prescribed them OTC by the doc for his cholesterol so I figured I would take them too since we now have them in the house.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I take a multi, Centrum Forte or something similar. I don't notice any difference, I just know my diet is lacking, so it's an insurance policy. I also take Omega 3 and probiotics, though I often run out and don't get them again for a while. I'm thinking about adding calcium/magnesium/D.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I def do, but I went to my Dr. and had labs ran to make sure I wasn't just paying for really expensive pee...LOL...I did add Co-Q 10 and fish oil to the mix since I have a family history of heart disease. BTW prenatal vitamins are the only vitamin regulated by the FDA to contain what they actually advertise (courtesy of March of Dimes-Thank you) and the others can just be sugar pills if they want.
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    Yes, I take the gummy vitamins...Please don't laugh haha. I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and migraines. With just those two issues I take quite a bit of meds, well to me, so I choose to do the gummy vitamins because it doesn't upset my stomach plus I remember to take them and want to because they are so good.

Ha! I don't take a regular multivitamin, but I take a fruit flavored gummy calcium supplement. I remember to take it everyday that way!

I can't have dairy, and while I know I CAN hit my calcium through other foods, I figure better safe than sorry.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Kirkland's Multi-Vitamin
    Kirkland's Fish Oil
    Vitamin B Supplement
    Vitamin D 2000mg supplement
    Chia seeds 1 Tbsp.

I don't know whether it's the vitamins or the exercise (probably a combination) but I sleep better, I don't snore as much (or as loud according to my wife), I used to fall asleep at work sitting at my desk. I think it's just the lost weight, better general health factor, but I don't know how many people get the full assortment of necessary vitamins from their diet.

13598365.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I take: iron, calcium, Vit D, and magnesium. I have RLS so I take more iron than most people would, but it helps a lot!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    I take the following & no Im not pregnant, but Prenatal vitamins are just better! I havent noticed any changes but I just take them everyday as my routine...they are all gummy vites too, the rest are just plain nasty!

L'il Critters - Immune C Plus Zinc & Echinacea

Vitafusion - Prenatal Gummy Vitamins

Nutrition Now - Multivites - Adult Gummy Vitamins
  • aimsz
    aimsz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins whether or not they work because a healthy habit is a good one to have.

No name multivitamin with iron
    Sublingual B12 1000mcg (I'm very anemic - my stomach doesn't absorb iron well so I get the under the tongue kind)
    Lactobacillus (same ingredients as Activia and other probiotics in one easy capsule) for good digestion and prevent yeast infections
    Cranberry capsule (to prevent urinary tract infections)
    Oscal (calcium and Vitamin D which is needed to absorb calcium for healthy bones later in life)
    Centrum Omega 3 (I love them bc they don't taste like fish at all like other fish oils)
    Magnesium tablet and 2 Tums before bed (Calcium and magnesium promote sleep)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just recently started to take a MV. I chose One a Day Women's. Today is my 4th day taking it so we'll see if I notice any difference! I thought is was finally time to make sure I'm getting everything I need!
  • esalaza3
    Options
    I take HEB gummy bears. I'm still a little kid at heart. I also take B12. It's kind of hard to balance out everything since I don't eat meat.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I take New Chapter Brand Prenatal Vitamins & Fish Oil Supplements. My hubby does the New Chapter Men's One A Day and the Fish Oil. I feel like in this day of over-processed foods, every additional safeguard helps. I like New Chapter because they are organic and don't contain all the added fillers and dyes that other vitamins have. I have noticed my hair & nails are both stronger and grow faster and my skin is softer. I like it :smile:
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I take gummy vitamins and a hair, skin, and nails supplement. Most multivitamins make me sick, but the gummy vitamins don't.
  • code156
    Options
    GNC womens ( I like that it has a lot of iron), Vitamin D, and fish oil capsules on days I dont eat salmon, also usually take a cold fx once a wek for prevention. I feel like the vitamins make a difference, its difficult to reach my RDV for iron without it.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I take:

-calcium/mag/D (don't get enough calcium through my diet + strong family history of osteoporosis)
    -iron (prescribed for deficiency)
    -maternity multivitamin (not trying yet or anything, but will probably start to try within the next year, so my doctor suggested it as a good idea to start now)
    -every few days, I'll also take a mixed probiotic (recommended by my gastroenterologist, but I find they make my stomach upset if I have them too often)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    There was a segment on CBS news recently where their doctor stated the daily minimum requirement for vitamins is so low that 99% of people really don't need a supplement. The supplement companies make BILLIONS and BILLIONS of $$$ off of us every year. I cut way back on my supplements. I used to take "extra" almost everything besides a big multi-vitamin. I now take a "daily essential" which has a total of about 10 vitamins and minerals and also take 6000IU of vitamin D3 because of a deficiency (caused by medications). Now that we are dieting and trying to eat healthy, most of us don't need a daily supplement. Something to think about, especially if buying supplements is causing a dent in your budget. I would rather use the money to buy some good vittles!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Nature's Choice Multi
    Vitamin D
    Omega
    Vitamin B12
  • blivieri
    blivieri Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement called Astaxanthin, can't pronounce it, but I was told by a friend that his wife takes it and without even dieting, she loses about 1/2 lb a month. Not much, but to just eat as she wants. It supposedly protects agains "free radicals".

I also take Omega-3 fish oil capsules. I order them from Vitamin Shoppe.

Also just bought some Triple Leaf Super slimming tea. ?? Don't know if it works or not, supposed to "eliminate" waste from the colon. I don't notice a difference. I must eat enough veggies to do that naturally.

I used to take women's multi vitamin along with a B-Complex with Vitamin C but that did upset my stomach. I stopped.