tummy tuck anyone?!

Options

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i will likely need this as well. I have never been one to care if my stomach is 100% flat, but i am so grossed out by the flap of hanging skin that i have that i would go for surgery to get rid of it. From what i found out (brief search online) in my area it runs $6000 and up, depending on how much you need done, etc. I would also love a boob lift while they are there, since my current DDs will get down to a D at goal and were once G/H when nursing. expensive!

would love to see photos if anyone has some to share, both of tummy tuck results and if anyone has any where they didnt need a tummy tuck and have before/after of how much it shrunk on its own.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had one about 5 years ago. I absolutely love the results, however, I wish I had been more prepared for the 2 weeks following the surgery. It was a nightmare for me. Extreme discomfort, not being able to walk upright for over 2 weeks and trying to take care of my tiwn 3 yo proved very difficult. However, I would still do it again. My surgery cost me a little under $10,000. For some reason, $9,400 sticks out in my mind. (you'd think I'd remember exactly! )
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at getting one too once I lose all the weight. I have 100 lbs to lose and most of it is in my midsection! My arms and legs are skinny! Here in southern Ontario the cost is around the $10000 mark... I'd love to see before and after pics too if anyone is willing to post...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Met with a surgeon a few months ago and will be going in for 2 procedures.... A tummy tuck first and then once healed a total body lift... My arms, neck area and chest have rebounded nicely after dropping 300 large... but my mid-section and inner thighs are horrid lol... The Doctor said to expect upwards of 25 lbs.+ gone between the 2 surgeries... The tummy tuck should be mostly covered by insurance because of the documented boughts I have with cellulitis but the second surgery is to take care of more cosmetic issues rather than medical ones so jokingly now, I say I will be driving my ole Ford pickup for a few more years while I pay for the surgery... I am not looking forward to the pain part but the benefits will definitely be worth it all......
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I want to, but I also want my arms, and boobs :(
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    For those who responded to having one any of you have cesareans? If so is it comparable or worse? I have had 4 with 2 being horribly complicated with an open cesarean wound for months so I don't think it could be worse than that (That was HELL and left me with PTSD from it) but just curious for the future when I reach my goal.
  • HRBush
    HRBush Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have gone back and forth about getting one done. I'm pretty sure we are done with kids but I want to wait a little bit longer just in case.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am having my arms done in 41 days and can't wait!! I've lost 70 pounds and I still need to wear a shrug with a dress. Cleveland Clinic (aka big hospital) cost $6000. A surgeon that can do it at an outpatient surgery center (which is what I went with) cost $4800.

Wow, good to know! I'm in Columbus and would consider coming to the Cleveland Clinic purely based on that hospital's OUTSTANDING reputation. Was that with an overnight stay or anything? Thanks again for sharing this info!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I would love to do the tummy tuck but the money just isn't there and won't be in the future. Has anyone had ANY success with creams or exercises targeting that area?
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i soooooooooo want one but i can't afford it. i've lost nearly 200lbs and my stomach is gross. my arms are gross. my thighs are gross. God bless spanx till i can afford a tummy tuck.
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i soooooooooo want one but i can't afford it. i've lost nearly 200lbs and my stomach is gross. my arms are gross. my thighs are gross. God bless spanx till i can afford a tummy tuck.

192#? WOW that is fantastic.
    I got remarried last year and we haven't sold my house yet. I have told my husband that part of the money made from that sale WILL go to my tummy tuck. I would love to have arms and boobs done too. but the tummy is the hardest to cover. I don't mind wearing sleeves and I can always find a good bra. So I guess depending on how much I get for the house will determine how much I can have done.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I've decided never to get one and that I would just do what I can. My stomach is a little saggy and loose from stomach stretch marks from pregnancy but thankfully I only had 1 child. I have another 30lbs to lose so I don't think it will be that bad in the end.

My back up thought is...if its too bad to look at, I'll just gain a little weight back to even it out lol.
  • Liseii01
    Liseii01 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    right now I have my goal at 135, I have no plans on going under that and frankly I'm nervous of going below 142, I have hanging tummy and if it's not cleared somewhat, I am going a tummy tuck. Makes no sense for me as I have a shrinking waist and tummy fat.
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I'd love to see before and afters. My two rug rats completely destroyed my stomach and no amount of exercise or creams will get rid of the flap and stretch marks. I had a breast reduction 4 years ago and went ahead and did the consult for a tummy tuck. In my area (South Carolina) it'll cost around $5800. Once I've gotten to my goal weight, a tummy tuck is totally happening.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I am going to get one done. I have a consultation on March 7 with a plastic surgeon. I have lost over 100 lbs and my stomach is bad. I carried every bit of my weight in my stomach area. The skin just hangs there and nothing will get rid of it. I camoflage it very well in clothing but in a bathing suit..nope.

I could probably get insurance to cover it...but it would be a massive pain.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i will probably need one considering i want to lose 140lbs. but im young so i can only hope. a boob job it in the future already. if i just need a tummy tuck thats ok, but i hope i wont need my arms or anything else done.
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    For those who responded to having one any of you have cesareans? If so is it comparable or worse? I have had 4 with 2 being horribly complicated with an open cesarean wound for months so I don't think it could be worse than that (That was HELL and left me with PTSD from it) but just curious for the future when I reach my goal.

I had two c-sections. First being a TERRIBLE recovery and the 2nd was a BREEZE. I feel that this was MUCH easier pain wise. The part that I found more difficult was the hunched over back, so the back pain and having two kids that wanted mama and mama couldn't do anything to help them for the first few weeks. Based just off pain though, I thought it was easier.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    if you have complications from excess skin like rashes and infections, must be documented by doc of course, alot of insurances will pay for it, a girl I work with is going thru this now and luckily our insurance pays, woohoo, and I have a doc who will prescribe the correct meds to qualify if I need it. check it outwith your insurance
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I had two c-sections. First being a TERRIBLE recovery and the 2nd was a BREEZE. I feel that this was MUCH easier pain wise. The part that I found more difficult was the hunched over back, so the back pain and having two kids that wanted mama and mama couldn't do anything to help them for the first few weeks. Based just off pain though, I thought it was easier.

Thank you so much! The pain is what I was looking more at. By the time I get to my goal my kids will all be to big to pick up so that will be a non issue lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!