How often do you take a full body picture?

Options
2»

Replies

• machausta
    machausta Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have yet to take a full body pic, but it felt good to add notches to my belt to make it smaller.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I take one every two weeks (and if I'm having a "feeling confidently skinny" kind of day hahaha).
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have anyone to take pictures for me, I just take them whenever I can figure out how to rig the camera in the right spot to capture all of me.

That being said, I liked to take pictures at least ever 10-15 pounds - even if I couldn't see a difference at the time, seeing the progression as I look back is pretty awesome.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I take them all the time! I keep them for myself so I can see the difference I am making in my muscle tone and weight. I don't think I'd post them on MFP. :smile:
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Mixie87, I know you're asking about full body pictures, but your post made me think of ways I've heard to keep myself in line while working out at home. Workout in front of a mirror. Being able to see yourself, see the problem areas and such really pushes me to work harder. I've also heard of women working out in their underwear so you can really see what you're working on, can't say I do that though. Just a few ideas =)

I like working out in front of a mirror or in my living room where I can see my reflection in a big picture frame on the wall. I like seeing that I have proper form and watching my muscles move. I also take before/after pictures. It is really hard to get the full aspect of your progress just by looking in the mirror or especially just by getting on the scale. I have them on my computer...and I can look at them when I need motivation.
  • tsmoo107
    tsmoo107 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined mfp and started an eating plan with drastically reduced carbs versus my previous eating style. I had my husband take front, side and rear (ugh) photos of me in a 2 piece bathing suit. I just wanted to have it as my "before" picture - and I'm looking forward to what my "after" pic will be like once I've dropped the weight I need to lose!
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is, what is and what is not appropriate clothing or lack there of for said picture?

I want to take one, but my line of appropriate is not the norm.

I wear form-fitting yoga shorts, and a sports bra. I will continue wearing the same picture-taking outfit until I hit goal, so that I can see the differences.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is, what is and what is not appropriate clothing or lack there of for said picture?

I want to take one, but my line of appropriate is not the norm.

If it's for yourself, wear as little as you want. I take some totally nekkid, but just for me. And sometimes my husband. But he'd rather see it in 3D.

To comply with MFP's terms of service, you can wear a bathing suit, but not bra & panties, even if your bikini is smaller than your bra & panties. :wink:
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    I took some the other day and went as far as uploading them to my photobucket. They were in tight, short shorts and a tank top I had pulled up. I couldn't take it and deleted them. I do have fully clothed full body pictures and I will stick to that until I can look at my picture in a swimsuit and not want to throw up.