Tired/Lack of energy!

Options
2»

Replies

• LoveAngie23
    Options
    You could try taking a B vitamin complex or some other natural energy booster before going to the gym. I think I just naturally have a low energy level and supplements seem to help.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Yes I have in regard to cardio. There are days where no matter how hard I push it I can not complete it. I think when you're tired it really affects our workouts.

Yes and IT SUCKS haha.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Happens to me some days, too. I can't figure out any real reason for it either. Some days I feel so tough and sometimes I feel like such a wimp.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't eating and resting enough.
  • LJC44
    Options
    Sounds like you aren't eating and resting enough.

I eat 4-6 times a day. If you saw the breakfast I eat you would not believe it haha. I take 2 rest days during the week.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Take any pre-workout? or at least any supplements before? I also recently started eating a rice cake with 2 tbsp of peanut butter (I'm actually getting addicted to those), about an hour before the workout. 30 minutes before I take some creatine and jack3d. You don't want all that (creatine might be too much), try putting BCAA mix in your water bottle and take during your workout.
  • LJC44
    Options
    Take any pre-workout? or at least any supplements before? I also recently started eating a rice cake with 2 tbsp of peanut butter (I'm actually getting addicted to those), about an hour before the workout. 30 minutes before I take some creatine and jack3d. You don't want all that (creatine might be too much), try putting BCAA mix in your water bottle and take during your workout.

I eat lunch or a snack before which are a mix of carbs and protein. Thank you, I might try that!
  • LJC44
    Options
    Oh and how do you get your food diary to post? It will show that I completed it but will not post the actual diary.
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Something that I have noticed recently is that if I don't have a good amount protein for breakfast, then by about 11 am I feel SO TIRED and stay that way for the rest of the day. This may be because I work out before breakfast?? But even having protein for my mid morning snack does not fix this feeling once it has come on.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    i dont eat before workouts. not trying to do anything special its just the way my schedule is and its been workign out so yea
    Same here. I drink a whey shake before hand, but no real food.
  • LJC44
    Options
    i dont eat before workouts. not trying to do anything special its just the way my schedule is and its been workign out so yea
    Same here. I drink a whey shake before hand, but no real food.

I drink a whey shake afterwards. I eat like an hour or 2 before a workout.
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    I'm up at 4am to workout. So its more that I can't eat before hand. ;) I also drink one afterwards as well (usually mixed with lowfat yogurt).
  • LJC44
    Options
    I'm up at 4am to workout. So its more that I can't eat before hand. ;) I also drink one afterwards as well (usually mixed with lowfat yogurt).

What I am about to bring up could be a whole different post haha. I feel overly focused on how many hours apart I eat and how many times a day to eat. When I started eating 5 times a day like 3 years ago I lost weight (along with working out of course). Ever since then it has taken over my mind! It kinda sucks haha.
  • LJC44
    Options
    Starting the past 6 months or whatever there have been times where I only eat 4 times a day and it actually really gets to me. I know it sounds nuts!