Tasty vegan recipes wanted

Options
I'm looking for any fellow vegans that would like to share/swap recipes. I love trying new and different things and being vegan means always trying to find tasty things to whip up!

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I made vegan burgers tonight!! They were delicious and the recipe is so easy to play with.

1 cup TVP granules
    1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
    1-1.5 cup chopped veggies example: peppers, onions, mushrooms
    .5 cup nutritional yeast
    1 tbsp vegan worchestersauce (sp)

saute the vegetable with broth or olive oil
    add the tvp and 1 cup water, bring to a slight boil, then cover and turn off heat. Leave until all moisutre is absorbed
    Add the rest of the ingredients and let stand in the refrigerator
    when they are pretty cooled off you can form them into patties. and either fry or bake them @ 400 for 20mins.
    We always bake ours, they taste better to me. To make them really healthy, wrap in lettuce instead of putting on a bun add ketchup, veganaise and fresh tomoato. YUM!

Also to go with the "burger" you can always make these delicious sweet potato fries. Cut into strips toss with 1tbsp chili powder salt to taste and 1-2 tsp. rosemary springs and 1-2 tbsp oil oil, bake @ 425 for 20-25 minutes. (time depends on how think the fries are" So yummy with ketchup!
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    Sounds tasty :-) Thanks!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I think I post this all the time, but one of my favorite cookbooks is Appetite for Reduction... it's awesome. All of her recipes are yummy and easy.
    Borrow it from your local library to try it out. And then I bought it. We cook from it all the time.
  • peaceinside
    Options
    What is TVP?
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I didn't expect to see any other Vegans on here :smile:

What kind of recipes are you looking for? I'm pretty keen on my desserts / baking but have some savory dishes too if you're interested?

What type of food do you like to eat?

Fay
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    My two favorite vegan recipe blogs are The Post Punk Kitchen (www.theppk.com) and Oh She Glows (www.ohsheglows.com).

I also have a new vegan recipe blog (shameless plug!) at www.thevegankitchen.net
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've got that book - It's great for low calorie / healthy dinners :smile:
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • serenastreilein
    serenastreilein Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I looked it up on Amazon
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, or even vegetarian, but a lot of my meals turn out that way.

Last night I made this Asian-style mock chicken salad: http://www.thekitchn.com/easy-vegetarian-recipe-sesame-ginger-soy-curls-165629 . You might have to go online to find the soy curls, but they're a handy thing to have on hand. Unlike other fake meat products they're minimally processed (the only ingredient is soy) and they have a ton of protein.

Tomorrow I'm making tortilla soup: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tortilla_soup/
    I substitute black beans for the chicken, water or vegetable broth for the chicken broth, and I leave off the cheese. Usually I throw in some frozen corn too. So good!

This weekend I'm making potstickers. Just mix together crumbled tofu, steamed chopped cabbage, shredded carrots, grated ginger, minced garlic, soy sauce, chili paste or flakes (optional), and chopped scallions (also optional). Use this as a filling for potsticker wrappers (I'm pretty sure these don't contain animal products, but check the package to be sure). They can be steamed or pan-fried, and they also freeze very well.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth like me, head to chocolatecoveredkatie.com. I'm not a vegan, but I make loads of her recipes (all recipes are vegan). They won't taste exactly like normal full fat/eggy/buttery/suagry icecream, cookie dough, brownies etc but they are pretty close. I for one am a convert and heart her
  • belladonna_3k
    Options
    Love the Post Punk Kitchen!! And I'm interested in all good vegan recipes... gotta keep things tasty and happening. I've not cooked with the TVP yet, but I love making my own seitan (I do several batches simmered and several baked) and I LOVE finding new things to do with tofu.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Vegan recipe blogs - I love PPK. Love Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. Love Peas and Thank You.

I also have a fairly new vegan food blog that hopefully I can add more to now that my husband is back at work in Seattle. http://vegancajun.blogspot.com.
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this the other night, everything looks good on here!

http://pinterest.com/oh_cat/future-meals/
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another vegan here! I'm also looking for good recipes! :D
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump, bump for later!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My new favorite dessert is 2 cups almond/coconut/hemp milk with 1/3 cup chia seeds, stir it every ten minutes for 30 minutes and then let it sit in the fridge overnight. Sweeten with agave( or honey if you are okay with it) and add fruit or whatever you like. It is very similar to tapioca.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    My new favorite dessert is 2 cups almond/coconut/hemp milk with 1/3 cup chia seeds, stir it every ten minutes for 30 minutes and then let it sit in the fridge overnight. Sweeten with agave( or honey if you are okay with it) and add fruit or whatever you like. It is very similar to tapioca.

I love tapioca! I will have to try this!
  • chauser1022
    Options
    I have tons and tons of recipes. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?