Diet coke addicts?

Options
I used to drink at least a 44oz of diet coke every day at work but when i started doing paleo/primal i had to cut it out :( My first stint was 8 days without one, and now i've gone 5. all i want right now is a freakin diet coke and its killing me :(

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I used to drink at least a 44oz of diet coke every day at work but when i started doing paleo/primal i had to cut it out :( My first stint was 8 days without one, and now i've gone 5. all i want right now is a freakin diet coke and its killing me :(

I drink 4-6 a day. Don't see any reason to give them up. I go with caf free ones after 6pm.
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I completely understand..... I decided to give up soda (and I usually drink Diet coke or Diet dr. pepper) and candy for lent this year. So I only started yesterday but all I want is a Diet Coke. I know that once I get to about 2 weeks I won't be craving it anymore, but until then I guess I just have to deal with the cravings.
  • Gearsie
    Gearsie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke. I used to drink about 3-4 cans a day, but now I am down to splitting one can with the husband. Sometimes I will have a full one if I am at work. I don't see it as a completely bad thing because everything else I drink is either water or herbal tea, so eff it! Drink the DC!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Stay away from that stuff. Everybody that drinks is it overweight. There was a woman on an Irish website who gave it up and lost a stone. She didn't make any other changes to her diet as she wasn't dieting, just trying to give up one particular unhealthy habit. It'd make you wonder what the heck is in that stuff.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    caffeine free diet coke here.

i try not to drink them too close to bed due to the fact that they complicate reflux issues.

other than that, i think there are worse vices one could have.
  • hannahagraham
    Options
    @ Maggie
    ..i hope that poor irish lady found her stone.
    D:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Everybody that drinks is it overweight.

incorrect.
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stay away from that stuff. Everybody that drinks is it overweight. There was a woman on an Irish website who gave it up and lost a stone. She didn't make any other changes to her diet as she wasn't dieting, just trying to give up one particular unhealthy habit. It'd make you wonder what the heck is in that stuff.

That is quite a bold statement, considering I drink it and I'm 5'4" 122lbs and 17% body fat. So I would say that "Everybody that drinks it is overweight" is a HUGE generalization and simply wrong
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love coke zero. :D
  • Cntewell
    Options
    Totally agree. Could have worse vices. I would rather drink a dc than eat a whooper and fries.
  • rjt1000
    Options

Everybody who drinks it is overweight? EVERYBODY? wow, that's some awesome claim. I know what's in it. carbonated water, aspartame and some caffiene and coloring.

Nothing like wildass scare claims.....
  • rjt1000
    Options
    @ Maggie
    ..i hope that poor irish lady found her stone.
    D:

there are a lot of rocks and stones in my back yard if she needs a replacement.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    huh!?

wild *kitten* claims? it's hardly top secret that it's bad for you. And I believe that it's bad for you. Everybody I KNOW who is ADDICTED to diet coke like in the title of the OP is overweight. Am I not allowed say that or something? weird over reaction there.
    And a stone is 14lbs. I forgot for a moment that although we understand ALL of your vocab, you don't understand ours.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    huh!?

wild *kitten* claims? it's hardly top secret that it's bad for you. And I believe that it's bad for you. Everybody I KNOW who is ADDICTED to diet coke like in the title of the OP is overweight. Am I not allowed say that or something? weird over reaction there.
    And a stone is 14lbs. I forgot for a moment that although we understand ALL of your vocab, you don't understand ours.

It is a wild *kitten* claim in that there's no data to back up all the crazy claims people make about diet coke. As far as the one person you know who lost 14 pounds and supposedly the only thing changed was giving up DC, I don't buy it. Somebody would need to explain to me how eliminating an item which has ZERO calories and doing nothing different could cause weight loss. Weight loss is caused by one thing and one thing only, burning more calories than you eat. And you can't change the number of calories you eat by dropping a ZERO calorie item from your diet.

No, it's not a secret that Diet Coke is bad for you because it's not bad for you. No worse for you than anything else people eat, anyway. I worry more about the boneless skinless chicken at the grocery store that's soaked in brine so it has massive amounts of salt in it than I do about DC.

As far as anecdotal evidence, I switched from regular coke to diet coke many years ago. I drank more than 2 liters of Coke a day. I also was far more active than now. When I switched, I lost 20 pounds in the next 4 months. So, drinking massive amounts of Diet Coke as I do is obviously (by your reasoning) a perfect way to lose weight.