Low Calorie Pizza

Options
I've been counting my calories and overall just watching what I'm eating. I love pizza and havewn't had any in months. I'm looking for somthing that is low in carbs, fat, ect. Any suggestions?

Replies

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This helps my craving and it comes in pretty low in calories for pizza anyway!

Use a large high fiber tortilla (I use la Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber at 80 cals)
    2T Newmans own marinara (one of the lowest in sugar- 25ish cals)
    1-2 ozs part skim mozzarella (depends on how I'm doing on calories - 72 cal per ounce)
    a cup or so of raw spinach torn up a bit (15 cals or so)
    2-3 large canned artichoke hearts (50 cals)
    a little sliced red onion

bake at 400 degrees ona pizza stone for about 10 minutes

for about 240 calories (if you use one ounce of cheese) I have taken care of pizza cravings!!!

Of course you could mix up the toppings to your liking!!!

If you are wanting takeout pizza I like Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas, they're fairly reasonable in calories.
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    pizza hut thin crust veggie pizza, its very good!
  • Jemiot
    Jemiot Posts: 16
    Options
    I like DiGiorno's 200 Calorie Portion Pepperoni Pizza and Lean Cuisine's Pepperoni French Bread Pizza, which is 310 cals. Neither is particularly low in carbs though. But they're both tasty and satisfy my pizza craving!

http://www.digiorno.com/Products.aspx/Pepperoni/52b3d361-c89d-4ec6-9404-c4718a8d668e
    http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Details.aspx?ProductID=65
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use flatouts bread and put it in the oven a few minutes and then put sauce and whatever pizza toppings I want on it....They're huge and very filling. The bread is 90 calories for the light version and whatever toppings you add. Delicious!
  • lad9669
    Options
    A lot of chains have lowerweight and carb conscious pizza it isnt always great but most thinner crust pizzas arent as bad and in moderation theri is nothing wrong with an ocassioal slice.
  • cmorlich
    cmorlich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! These were all very helpful!!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mushroom pizza...

Bake a large portebella mushroom cap for 20 minutes. Top with sauce, cheese, and whatever else you like (I use onions and peppers, my son adds pepperoni), return to over for another 10 mintues. Now eat. Yum!
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use flatouts bread and put it in the oven a few minutes and then put sauce and whatever pizza toppings I want on it....They're huge and very filling. The bread is 90 calories for the light version and whatever toppings you add. Delicious!

I just discovered this yummy item recently myself! I got the rosemary & olive oil fold-it.. SO good. 100 calories. Makes a perfect sandwich (cold) and an even better panini! And I am dying to make my own PIZZA on it!

http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/hungry-girl-foldit/hungry-girl-foldit-rosemary-olive-oil/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like "real pizza" - no tortillas, english muffins, pita breads for me. The key to low cal is thin crust & low fat (smaller portion) meats & cheese. Pizza is "worth" the splurge to me ..... not something I'm willing to give up on ..... forever.

Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust (super easy)
    1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
    1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
    3 tablespoons oil (1 Tbl is plenty)

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix together until well blended; about 1 minute. Add ½ cup flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed, to handle. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky. Knead on floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
    Press dough out to fill greased pizza pan. Top as desired with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown.

**** Use whole wheat flour if you like & roll the dough really thin. Toppings - turkey pepperoni is much lower in fat. Use less cheese. Add more veggies. Yum!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Mushroom pizza...

Bake a large portebella mushroom cap for 20 minutes. Top with sauce, cheese, and whatever else you like (I use onions and peppers, my son adds pepperoni), return to over for another 10 mintues. Now eat. Yum!

This is a really good idea! I am going to have to try this! I CRAVE pizza!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    This helps my craving and it comes in pretty low in calories for pizza anyway!

Use a large high fiber tortilla (I use la Tortilla Factory low carb high fiber at 80 cals)
    2T Newmans own marinara (one of the lowest in sugar- 25ish cals)
    1-2 ozs part skim mozzarella (depends on how I'm doing on calories - 72 cal per ounce)
    a cup or so of raw spinach torn up a bit (15 cals or so)
    2-3 large canned artichoke hearts (50 cals)
    a little sliced red onion

bake at 400 degrees ona pizza stone for about 10 minutes

for about 240 calories (if you use one ounce of cheese) I have taken care of pizza cravings!!!

Of course you could mix up the toppings to your liking!!!

If you are wanting takeout pizza I like Papa Murphy's Delite pizzas, they're fairly reasonable in calories.

I make a similar pizza, and hits the spot every time!
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    /
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would just eat your favorite pizza! I don't like depriving myself of my favorite foods, just have them in moderation and continue to do what you've done that has made you successful so far.

2422834.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • roadworthy
    Options
    In a pinch I love to use a whole wheat pita. I really try to have a batch of the following recipe in the freezer

2.5 cups Whole Wheat Flour
    1 cup all purpose flour
    2 pkgs dry active yeast
    1 tsp salt
    .5 tsp sugar
    1.5 cups lukewarm water
    .5 tsp olive oil

Place dry ingredients in mixer with dough hooks. Gradually add water on lowest speed and mix approx. 10 minutes. Pour oil down inside of bowl and turn dough to coat. Cover and let rise 2 hours.
    Preheat oven to 475 F Punch down dough, cut in into 4 quarters. Stretch and roll out thin on a floured surgace. Place on pan lined with parchment or sprinkly cornmeal on pan to avoid sticking. Top with what you want and bak 10-12 minutes.

This freezes extremely well! Makes 4 10" very thin crusts.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I like "real pizza" - no tortillas, english muffins, pita breads for me. The key to low cal is thin crust & low fat (smaller portion) meats & cheese. Pizza is "worth" the splurge to me ..... not something I'm willing to give up on ..... forever.

Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust (super easy)
    1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups of flour
    1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Yeast
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup of very warm water (120° to 130° F)
    3 tablespoons oil (1 Tbl is plenty)

Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix together until well blended; about 1 minute. Add ½ cup flour gradually until dough forms a ball. Add additional flour, if needed, to handle. Spoon dough out of bowl onto floured surface. Dough will be slightly sticky. Knead on floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic; about 4 minutes.
    Press dough out to fill greased pizza pan. Top as desired with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. Bake on bottom oven rack at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is brown.

**** Use whole wheat flour if you like & roll the dough really thin. Toppings - turkey pepperoni is much lower in fat. Use less cheese. Add more veggies. Yum!

My thoughts as well. When I have pizza I roll out the dough as thin as possible and go easy on the cheese (no meat). It's still fairly high in calories (mine comes to something like 325 calories for two slices, and I always end up eating twice as much) but I allocate them ahead of time. I would go crazy if I didn't eat real pizza every month or so.
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute, all-time favorite frozen pizza to have at home:

http://www.oetker.us/en/product/ristorante-pizza

My personal favorite is the Spinaci, and I always add mushrooms to it, too. As frozen pizzas go, calorie and fat speaking, it's actually very reasonable. My only problem is that I end up eating the whole thing when I make one! But I like it even better than take-out pizza.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I like to tear up some crustless pizza. We just heat up some olive oil in a non stick pan (and garlic last time we did it), once it's nice and hot we throw in the 5 cheese italian blend cheese, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, and whatever else we want on it. Put the lid on. Let it get all melty and the bottom brown. It's yummy. Probably not low in fat, but low in carbs and delicious.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you....................go have a slice or two of your favorite pizza and maybe a glass of wine and count it as a cheat night. We all need those once and again and why deprive yourself of something that you love. Its all in moderation and won't hurt your ongoing efforts.:bigsmile:
  • bergsangel
    Options
    I make a french bread pizza on whole wheat french. Pizza sauce is low in cals. Use low fat mozzerella (which mozzerella is pretty low cal in correct portions) and turkey pepperoni plus whatever veggies. You can have like 17 slices of turkey peppeoni for 70 calories and it is pretty tasty!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You could spread ketchup on cardboard...

Or you could eat pizza!