I need a buddy...

Options
Hello I have been trying to lose weight for years I lost 20 lbs before I got married and went to the doctor the other day and have gained it all back :sad: A friend of mine told me about this website and I have to app on my phone and I am having a hard time I exercise at least 4 times a week and have not gone over my cal. count for like 2 weeks and I have lost 4 lbs and then gained it back. Does anyone have any ideas and what I can do differently or is someone in the same boat as me and wants to tag team it and see if two of us can do it better than by ourselves? If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Replies

• tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    what kind of workouts are you doing? are you lifting weights as well? what kinds of foods are you eating?
  • BreeHerm
    Options
    I have a similar situation, my weight gain was caused by medication... I have found that mixing up my exercises help. I've actually started using a program called "Walk At Home" by Leslie Sansone, I need things that are low impact but higher calorie burns. She uses compound movements, adding strength during the cardio routine. She has a facebook page and add's different routines periodically... so far it's been great, a better workout that I anticipated... also, if you need a buddy to help keep you motivated you can definitely add me as a friend on here, I need the buddy system as well...
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    Options
    You're right: having a network of active friends helps you to keep on track. I'll add you to mine if you like. :)
  • IDontLikeRegistering
    Options
    Also, it might seem cheesy, but it's worth filling out your profile: Thinking about the About Me, the Why I Want To... and the Inspirations really helps with motivation. Also you might want to share your diary with your friends once you've got some, as it helps with accountability. You'll see that I misbehaved a bit today (!) but at least I came in under my calorie goal.
  • WorkingCowGirl
    Options
    To: tkaawa

I do a few different things as of right now I dont lift weights cause Im not sure how to do that. I use a few different exercise dvds right now and the wii fit the free step I do it for 1-2 hours before work mon-thur depending on how early I get up and burn abour 500 cal. or the dvds and burn about 200 but it doesn't seem to be helping...

To everyone else:

Thanks for the fast responses sorry still learning how to work this on the website so might hit a few wrong buttons here and there.

16306811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools