Warrior Dash GA in May! Anyone going?

Options
Saw a fellow MFPer post about this here, so I'd like to know if there are any Georgia runners out there? Can't wait to try out the new bod by then!!! OK, I'm also looking forward to the ginourmous turkey leg, beers and the requisite Viking hat! Can't wait!!!!

Replies

• WBSJR
    WBSJR Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I thought about it, but I don't have the cash to register.
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ga runner, but I don't do mud. lol Have fun! I know a bunch of people who are doing it.
  • WBSJR
    Options
    C'mom, MFP peeps!!! Yes, it is expensive to me too, but it is my REWARD to myself for losing the weight... That and I want the turkey leg, beer and viking hat! :) No MUD.... REALLLY???? LOL bummer!!!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    My friends and I are doing the one in NC in May. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal weight but I am using this as an extra stepping stone to step up my exercise training! We are doing it for fun of course too only :-) I'm excited I have never done anything like this before...Have you..any tips?
  • WBSJR
    Options
    BUMP... Where are all the Warriors????
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm thinking about it, thinking I might be going but we'll see. Have to look when the deadline is to register.
  • mrsbrewha
    Options
    We are doing the one in Oregon in September! I am doing it with my girlfriend and husband! We are excited!
  • neutralize
    neutralize Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this one, most likely! I live on the TN/GA border and probably doing both the GA and TN mud runs as well as some local ones. Really need to get more serious on the training though. Never done anything like this before, I'm excited!
  • WBSJR
    Options
    Neither have I, but THAT is what makes it so exciting! What a GREAT reward for working as hard as we all have to lose the weight and be active!!! As for the training, I think some take this event more seriously than others... I'm not in it to break records... I'm in it to have FUN, make friends and treat myself to a memorable experience... we need to get a GA MFP group together!!!
    I'm doing this one, most likely! I live on the TN/GA border and probably doing both the GA and TN mud runs as well as some local ones. Really need to get more serious on the training though. Never done anything like this before, I'm excited!
  • WBSJR
    Options
    a GA MFP group would be a blast! You should do it!!!
    I'm thinking about it, thinking I might be going but we'll see. Have to look when the deadline is to register.
  • WBSJR
    Options
    AWESOME!!! be blessed and have fun!
    We are doing the one in Oregon in September! I am doing it with my girlfriend and husband! We are excited!
  • WBSJR
    Options
    still think you need to represent... remember... mud spelled backwards is dum... which i completely pulled out of my posterior, but don't be dum and NOT go... think of spiders or something cheerful instead of the mud ;)
    I'm a Ga runner, but I don't do mud. lol Have fun! I know a bunch of people who are doing it.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I am doing the CT one in September!!! Super pumped about it!!! Trying to find a good way to train for it (I have got the beer part of it down though!!)

Good luck in GA!!!
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not running GA's but I'm doing Warrior Dash May 5th in Kansas City!!!! Also doing Run For Your Life Zombie 5k (St. Louis, MO) in August!!!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I did Indiana last year & doing it again this year. Best day of my life! (so far, lol)
  • matrim68
    Options
    I will be there. This is one of my short term goals and I cant wait. I haven't completed an obstacle course since the Army so i'm a little nervous but way more excited. There are about five of us coming from outside the perimeter west.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    What is a Warrior Dash? My daughter lives in Marrietta. When is it?
  • WBSJR
    Options
    You get to run from ZOMBIES????? Too cool!!!! They film Walking Dead here in ATL... would love to be a zombie on the set... i hear the competion is pretty stiff tough... Have fun and Godspeed!
    Not running GA's but I'm doing Warrior Dash May 5th in Kansas City!!!! Also doing Run For Your Life Zombie 5k (St. Louis, MO) in August!!!
  • WBSJR
    Options
    LOL... me too! I switched to wine for the health value back in November last year... I do Cabernets now... i think i've had 3 beers since??? miss them, but wine is just fine. i WILL make exceptions for the Dash... probably SEVRAL exceptions ;)
    I am doing the CT one in September!!! Super pumped about it!!! Trying to find a good way to train for it (I have got the beer part of it down though!!)

Good luck in GA!!!