Early morning workout

Options
2»

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i'm also one that if I don't do it in the morning it doesn't get done. And if I do it when the kids are in bed asleep it means I don't get to sleep until after midnight.

So i'd rather wake up 5.30am 4 days a week and do it at stupid o'clock then not get it in at all.
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Six years - EXCELLENT! Although I have only been doing early mornings since Aug 11, I love it. I never know what may come up in the evenings this way I am done. I have also noticed that I eat more on days I don't work out. Try to better manage this as our bodies do need rest periods.
  • macmac1212
    macmac1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning because it's a simple way to trick myself!! I get up at 6:30, get on my stationary bike for 45 minutes with my workout music playing, and I'm half asleep for the first half of it as I sit there and feverishly peddle away to the beat of the music. By the time my brain is awake and kickin' I've only got to push myself for 3 or 4 more songs before I get ready for work!! It makes it so much easier for this lazy gal to work out and get my exercise calories up for the day! :)
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person and love doing my workouts early. I just don't have the energy by the time I get a full day of work and school completed. I was so happy when my employer started opening the fitness center at 5am.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    As much as I hate it at the time......I LOVE that I get it out of the way. Up and at it by 6am and I don't have it hanging over my head all day. It's great to always start your day feeling accomplished. I workout 5 or 6 mornings a week for an hour.:smile:
  • Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I loveee morning workoust before my shower. I get it out of the way before work and then I feel more awake/energized all day! :)
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    4 am for me. Love it. I find when I sleep in on the weekends though I am less motivated. However, I do have a question. Does anyone else burn less in the morning? I find I burn about 10-20% less in the morning than the afternoon for the same workout.
  • Tracie65
    Options
    I would LOVE to workout in the morning, but I am sooo not a morning person and would have to be up by 5am at the latest in order to do so. I have tried to set my alarm early to do it but I always just end up pressing snooze longer, lol. I never go to sleep before 11 and usually its more like 12 or 12:30 because I am so busy. Any tips on getting up early that dont involve going to bed before 11?
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to workout in the morning, but I am sooo not a morning person and would have to be up by 5am at the latest in order to do so. I have tried to set my alarm early to do it but I always just end up pressing snooze longer, lol. I never go to sleep before 11 and usually its more like 12 or 12:30 because I am so busy. Any tips on getting up early that dont involve going to bed before 11?

This is so me! I have my alarm set to go off an hour early but I inevitably end up turning it off. I really want to get up and work out, so if something comes up after work or I want to go do something I won't feel guilty about not getting a work out in. But it is sooo hard to roll out of bed, I'm definitely not a morning person. But I keep trying!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Every night when I work out, I think if I did this in the morning it would be over with and could work out again in the evening or just have a relaxing evening, so I plan to get up early, but the next day I can't seem to drag myself out of bed earlier then I have to for work....maybe tomorrow morning..
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options

This is so me! I have my alarm set to go off an hour early but I inevitably end up turning it off. I really want to get up and work out, so if something comes up after work or I want to go do something I won't feel guilty about not getting a work out in. But it is sooo hard to roll out of bed, I'm definitely not a morning person. But I keep trying!

You almost CANNOT even think about it. I just get out of bed right when the alarm goes off. If I give myself a minute or two to think about it, I will make up an excuse. :)
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love to workout in the morning. I set my workout clothes right next to the bed with socks and shoes right next to me (on the floor) so that I am ready to go. It is the only time that I can workout without disruptions from the kids. I am a lot nicer to my kids when getting them up after a great workout.
  • Masachapa
    Options
    I love having my workout done first thing, sets a good tone for the rest of the day. I also eat much better throughout the day if I workout in the morning.

Me too! I get up at 3:15 in the morning and get to the gym by 4:00. I LOVE having the gym to myself and the absence of distractions lets me zone out and really enjoy my personal, private time!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm with you brothers and sisters! Knock it out, get in the zone and kick butt and take names for the rest of the day!