Low-cal breakfast ideas?

Options
Hello! I am looking for some low cal breakfast ideas. I like to stay under 300 for breakfast and I like it to be FILLING

My faves right now are
3/4 cup Kashi Go Lean! Crunch w/ 1/2 cup Almond milk - 180 cals
1 whole wheat english muffin w/ 2 tbsp peanut butter - SO GOOODDDD but 350 cals -_-

I need more options! Please tell me an idea or refer a recipe if you have any awesome ideas :) Or just tell me what you usually have for breaky!

Replies

• Wilson336
    Options
    English muffin = 130
    2 slices of ham = 60
    1 slice of cheese = 70

for a total of 260 calories, slapped in a toaster over for about 4 minutes. I have that three days a week, and oatmeal the other two.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy about Thomas Light Muffins toasted and spread with a triangle of Laughing Cow cheese. The muffin is around 100 calories and the triangle of cheese is only 35 calories. Satisfying and reminds me of a bagel with cream cheese.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs 2- 140 calories
    or
    oatmeal- usually between 120-160 per serving

add a piece of fruit 50-100 calories.
    BINGO. BREAKFAST!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    1/2 c Plain Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (65 cal)
    1/2 c mixed frozen berries (35 cal)
    1 or 2 hard boiled eggs (77 / 155 cal)

Tonnnns of protein & fairly low in sugar & carbs. Seems to keep me super full until lunch :smile:
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    English muffin = 130
    2 slices of ham = 60
    1 slice of cheese = 70

for a total of 260 calories, slapped in a toaster over for about 4 minutes. I have that three days a week, and oatmeal the other two.

oh my gosh... so simple yet so delicious
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup whole oats cooked with 1/2 cup water...it only takes 5 minutes in the microwave...then I add a granny smith apple chopped, 1 Tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts and 1/2 tsp cinnamon... super filling....I usually can't finish it!m - 238 calories...
  • jninepug
    jninepug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Slim Fast 3-2 -1 - Sweet & Salty Chocolate Almond Meal Bar. It's 200 calories, 9 grams of protein, 23 carbs, 5 grams of fiber, and 8 grams of fat.
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites
    4 mushrooms
    40g spinach
    1 tblspn salsa

it's about 80 calories and delicious, you can add more veggies to make it more filling too.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    2 eggos, blueberry or plain: 190 calories.
    I also like the chocolate chip ones for 200.

And this does keep me full till lunch, but I was never a morning eater anyways. I make myself eat breakfast because my weight moves better when I get three real meals. Sometimes I'll have one eggo and banana and I find that keeps me full a lot longer.

We also like to make smoothies. Low calorie, healthy, and usually a good chunk of my fiber for the day.
  • BrandiD56
    Options
    I like a thin bun for 100 calories toasted with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • chiefsgal27
    chiefsgal27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the kellogs protein drinks or special meal bar. Both are filling!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like omletes loaded with veggies, like spinach, mushrooms, peppers, etc. If I'm hungry, I like toast using sandwich thins to keep calories down. Really filing.

Otherwise, other than a mix of low fat vanilla yogurt, fage 0% greek yogurt and any fruit I want (with total or granola) I'm usually eating the baked oatmeal from SkinnyTaste.com. My kids really like when I modify the recipe with bananas and strawberries. I usually serve it with 1/4 cup yogurt.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 slices healthy life wheat bread toaster 70 Cal's
    1 egg 1 egg white 120
    2oz boars head pepper ham (3-4 slides) 60 Cal's
    1 slice fat free mozzarella cheese 50 Cal's

Scramble the eggs with 1/2 the ham
    Put on the toast w the rest of the name and cheese.
    Comes right in at 300.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One cup of frozen blueberries with two tablespoons of golden flax meal sprinkled on top... Plus coffee with cream and sugar.. High fiber, low cal, tasty and filling! 215 cals
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Look up Hungry Girl egg mugs. They're usually quick and very filling.
  • deseablev
    Options
    I love egg whites
    So egg whites with light wheat toast or light wheat english muffin
    You can add veggies (i.e. peppers, onions, and tomatoes) to that and fat free sliced cheese
    or can do an egg white omelete
    thin wheat bagel with fat free cream cheese (I actually like the weight watchers whipped cream cheese)
    luna protein bar when i'm running late
    oatmeal
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    100 calorie thomas english muffin 1 turkey sausage patty and 1 slice of cheese. 220 calories and filling. I also like oatmeal or greek yogurt
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like these and I keep them on hand so I can have a choice each day : Kashi frozen blueberry waffles-150 cals, Thomas bagel thin (1) cinnamon raisin-110 cals, Honey maid low fat honey grahams(2) 140 and added one tbsp. of Kettle creamy unsalted organic peanut butter to the bagel thin or the honey grahams for only 80 calories. I also like a hard boiled egg occasionally with a piece of 35 calorie wheat bread toasted and one tbsp. of Welch's reduced sugar grape jelly (20 calories) and a few strawberries or grapes. And of course theres wheaties 1/2 cup for 130 calories. I always have to have my coffee in the morning to:happy:
  • nenar77
    nenar77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Most of the expert advise out there now is saying "high protein" breakfast. The magic number being 30 grams. Your body has the whole day to burn calories from breakfast.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I made some breakfast burritos, eggs or egg subsistute, low cal tortillas med. size, veggies (onion, red and yellow bell peppers) lightly sauted, any type of fillings you like even black beans, ham sliced up, for options. Mine came out to be 100 calories each, and I made a huge batch so that I wrapped in plastic wrap and bag them to freeze and pop into microwave.

Even have them for lunch, low cal salsa, fat free sour cream......pretty good.

:flowerforyou: