THE UNDEAD ARE AFTER ME!!!! Anyone want to join the fight?

Replies

• Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    you should look up runforyourlives.com It's basically a 5k obstacle course mixed with flag football mixed with zombies. You get a certain number of flags on a belt and basically have to make it to the finish line with at least one flag. There are zombies out trying to get you!! I've signed up for the one in Baltimore. The first one starts in March and they go throughout the year in various states.

Good luck, and run for your life!
  • Some friends and I just signed up for this

http://runforyourlives.com/registration-st-louis-mo/

I actually thought that's what this topic was about! :laugh:

Oops, someone beat me to it!

This seriously is so awesome, I'm going to have to find one close by.

Yeah. We're driving 6 hours. :ohwell: Zombie race is very important. :smokin:
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    so awesome! zombie-nerds unite :)
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Some friends and I just signed up for this

http://runforyourlives.com/registration-st-louis-mo/

I actually thought that's what this topic was about! :laugh:

Oops, someone beat me to it!

LMAO! I was just going to post the same thing! I'm hoping one comes down here to FL because I've already got a crew ready to sign up!
  • Have you heard of this?

This

http://runforyourlives.com/

You can be chased by zombies while you run for reals!

I think you just broke my jaw with how far it dropped! This is awesome!!!
    This is awesome!!!! And there is one less than an hour from me in June!!!!!!! I am SO there!!!!!
  • Rogns008
    . (If anyone knows a way that I can track distance on a map online which I can save, please let me know)

Google maps.

Zombieland was not a very great movie as zombie movies go.

I still refuse to see it based on the fact that they had rules to survive (which we all know already!) and because Woody was in it...
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    There's a zombie app for the iPhone too.

The New Running Game Where 'Zombies' Chase You
    by NPR STAFF

The Zombies, Run! iPhone app is a running game and audio adventure set in a post-apocalyptic world.

Six to Start
    In addition to escaping hungry zombies, the app challenges the runner to collect supplies and accomplish objectives. The new iPhone app called "Zombies, RUN!" is not your standard running game.

It's designed to encourage folks, such as say, video gamers, who aren't usually associated with exercise to take up running.

British writer Naomi Alderman, who is a gamer herself as well as an Orange-award winning novelist, came up with the idea for "Zombies, RUN!" while in a class for amateur runners she tells weekends on All Things Considered guest host Mary-Louise Kelly.

"The start of the course they said to us, "Why do you want to learn how to run?" and one woman said, "I want to be able to out run the zombie hoarde," Alderman explains. "Then I thought, 'Ahh, this would be a good idea for a game.'"

In 2011, Alderman teamed up with the games studio Six to Start in London to brainstorm around the idea. They launched a Kickstarter page in September to gain support for their project. Their original goal was $12,500 but by the time the fundraising ended they'd raised $72,627 making it the biggest video game project on Kickstarter in 2011. "Zombies, RUN!" will be available for download February 27th.

The premise of "Zombies, RUN!" is simple: you are "Runner 5" set out on a mission to collect supplies and accomplish different objectives in a post-apocalyptic world. The app takes you through 13 audio missions, all which feature an ongoing story that you are an active part of and that involves the occasional zombie chase.

And what happens if the zombies catch you?

"The first time they catch you it's just gonna say "The zombie has caught you," but after a number of times that they catch you then you have failed this mission and you have to start the mission again which means more running so, you know, good for your heart," Alderman says, laughing.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/
  • jazzgnat
    jazzgnat Posts: 35 Member
    If you like this post you probably belong in the Geek Squad group here on MFP. It's new but Zombies are a prevalent theme.
  • Rogns008
    I think I need an iPhone now, lol.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    . (If anyone knows a way that I can track distance on a map online which I can save, please let me know)

Google maps.

I still refuse to see it based on the fact that they had rules to survive (which we all know already!) and because Woody was in it...

Oh. I assumed you because they listed cardio as a rule, when frankly, given traditional zombies you could probably escape at a fast walk. In any case, Google maps lets you map distances and save routes, no matter the length. I use it to map my running routes.
  • Rogns008
    If you like this post you probably belong in the Geek Squad group here on MFP. It's new but Zombies are a prevalent theme.

Haha, tell me more, since I seem to hardcore belong with the geeks and gerds.
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    What a great idea!

You can also test your skills at www.runforyourlife.com!

My husband and I are running as zombies and as survivors! if you're in the portland/seattle area - join our team! Eradication H! We're running the noon race, and zombies at the 2:40 one!

And if you need more zombie goodness, check out the FREE podcast, Mail Order Zombie!
    Let them know Eradication H sent ya!
  • I SO want to sign up for Run For Your Lives! And I have no excuse because it's close to my house...but I'm really scared...and SOMEbody has to do it with me!!!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    I always read my nook on the treadmill and 30 minutes flys by that way but I am more of a vampire/ fantasy/ sci-fi reader. Zombies are boring to me. lol But its a great idea, glad you have found a fun way to motivate yourself!!!
  • Rogns008

Google maps.

Oh. I assumed you because they listed cardio as a rule, when frankly, given traditional zombies you could probably escape at a fast walk. In any case, Google maps lets you map distances and save routes, no matter the length. I use it to map my running routes.

Do you just use your last distance saved as your starting point then? Like go from A to B and the next time B will be the A to your next point? Most of the time google maps can't remember the city I live in when I try to look up another location, so this would be awesome to use.
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member

Omg, thank you for posting this! Totally getting this app when the android version comes out! :D
  • Rogns008
    What a great idea!

You can also test your skills at www.runforyourlife.com!

My husband and I are running as zombies and as survivors! if you're in the portland/seattle area - join our team! Eradication H! We're running the noon race, and zombies at the 2:40 one!

And if you need more zombie goodness, check out the FREE podcast, Mail Order Zombie!
    Let them know Eradication H sent ya!

:D so happy, lol
  • Rogns008
    I always read my nook on the treadmill and 30 minutes flys by that way but I am more of a vampire/ fantasy/ sci-fi reader. Zombies are boring to me. lol But its a great idea, glad you have found a fun way to motivate yourself!!!

It's fun since it can work with anything; the vamp fantasy/sci-fi thing can be a motivation towards and away from as well. I don't see how the undead can be boring though, for shame, lol.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    That sounds a lot eaiser then my idea of hiring a hitman and paying him to come after you..

On a more serious note, if you have some decent weight to lose, check out healthywage.com. I saw it posted a few weeks back, they pay you like 200 bucks if you lose 10 or 20% of your body weight.

I just glanced across it again, I guess teams of 5 can win up to $10,000.

Worth a shot, even if you just sign up yourself.