Only 60 calories left for dinner:(

Options
I am tempted to just eat half a grapefruit and call it night. I know I should just go work out so I can eat something but I am feeling lazy!

Replies

• gleechick609
    Options
    What is your total caloric goal?
  • shellybean826
    Options
    3 egg whites and some veggies ....should be about that and it will fill you up
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    For 55 calories you could knock out a Bud Select Light Beer. :drinker:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I make these as general comments without looking at your diary or knowing your goals, but...

If you are hungry, eat. It is good to have a spike (higher cal) day every now and again, just plan better for the rest of the week to stay under. One bad day wont kill you.

Don't just write off the day and eat junk though, a good balanced meal is still your best option.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    60 cals of veggies can be very filling :)

or just eat a 200-300 snack and be a little over today.

edit: healthy snack, of course! something that will satisfy you. not a muffin or a candy bar.
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    How about a salad?
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Egg whites was a good suggestion!^
    May I also suggest oatmeal? :) It's not necessarily within your 60 cal limit, but you'd only be going over about a 100....Can't go wrong with oatmeal ;)
  • That1nesha
    That1nesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3 egg whites and some veggies ....should be about that and it will fill you up

fantastic suggestion. :)
  • Krisgren
    Options
    hahahaha love the 55 cal beer idea
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you have a calorie deficit every day, then going over by 200 or so on one occasion isn't going to do any harm.
    Eat real food and plan well for tomorrow!
  • MLA5FL
    MLA5FL Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I second this idea :)
  • I like the workout idea and eat something rewarding afterwards
  • bosquebrewer
    bosquebrewer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you have a calorie deficit every day, then going over by 200 or so on one occasion isn't going to do any harm.
    Eat real food and plan well for tomorrow!

^^^^^^
    This
  • blessmy5
    Options
    FWIW, I looked at the last few days on your food diary. Don't want to offend in any way, so please feel free to ignore this. I noticed a couple things. First, I noticed a few days over 300 calories for beverages. I don't drink my calories except for a little french vanilla in my home brewed coffee. I'd rather have a piece of cake or a Snickers Bar than a soda LOL! Also, eating out much will kill my calories each day, so I plan ahead and prepare my meals at home - I get to eat soooooo much more food. Eating out is a special treat maybe once a week. Hope you found something to satisfy for dinner this evening and wishing you much success!
  • Therdigh
    Therdigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just figured out where to go to see my responses, LOL. My total calorie goal is 1570, I ended up walking for a half hour and was able to eat a light dinner.
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had 49 calories left after dinner tonight. I was in Walmart shopping, walked into the ice cream aisle, found Nestle Skinny Cow mini fudge bars for 45 calories!!!
  • Therdigh
    Options
    There is a limit on beverages? I mean I know your not suppose to drink my calories, which I love to do but I havent seen the spot for beverage limits. Please advise.
  • marmar8302
    Options

HA! I dont like beer and personally have decided to drink as little as possible throughout my weight-loss quest, but if there was a "like" button on here...your comment is definitely like-able!
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There is a limit on beverages? I mean I know your not suppose to drink my calories, which I love to do but I havent seen the spot for beverage limits. Please advise.

I think it's just a personal thing. If you want to spend a certain amount of calories during your day on liquids than do it. They are YOUR calories. Make sure you plan around it though because you could get to the end of the night and have 60 calories left for dinner and wish you had more :D ... but in all seriousness there is no limit, but more of a what would you prefer type of thing. IMHO.

Also great work on going for the walk so you could have more calories! :)
  • Therdigh
    Options
    Ok good, I thought I was missing something.