Cauliflower pizza crust

Options

Replies

• cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'll surprise my babyface with it when he comes home tomorrow! Hope it turns out!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I let my hubby eat the entire thing before I told him about the cauliflower! He was very surprised. He said it looked and tasted just like bread made with flour. He also asked for it again, and to make a triple batch! Definately a success!
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this... great way to "sneak" even more veggies in to my children's diets as well!
    Options
    We killed this will have to try again later

14290015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I made a pizza with this. What gives it the calories is all the cheese so if you just cut that back you'll be ok.

It's really good too. Tastes just like pizza should. It makes you smelly though since it's so much califlower =P
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    bump!
    and thank you,.:flowerforyou:
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    Will this work without the cheese?
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So I made this tonight.... it was really good... HOWEVER the crust totally fell apart, so we had to eat it with a fork. I'm wondering if other people made the crust thicker, or if it had to do with using part-skim mozzarella as opposed to full fat?? anyone???
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    THank YOu! My kids love pizza
    :flowerforyou:
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I JUST made this last night for the first time and it was delicious! It wasn't perfect but I'd definitely tweak it and try it again. I chopped my cauliflower in the food processor first, steamed it for four minutes and then drained it really, really well and blotted it with paper towel. I added one egg and goat cheese and baked it in a pie pan. My mistake I think was making the crust too thin so it looked great but once I put toppings on it it got kind of soggy. I think next time I'll use two eggs and make it twice as thick. : It definitely tasted amazing though and the goat cheese really made the 'crust!' I wanted to eat it plain!

For toppings I used turkey pepperoni, tomato sauce, pizza cheese, onions & tomatoes and it still came to only 400 calories for like the entire pizza! So yummy.

Here is the recipe I used: http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/ She claims that she can get it to hold together like a normal crust, mine definitely didn't.

My only tweak was adding nutritional yeast, garlic and red pepper flakes to the crust.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time and the total is 265 for entire crust. But I use fat free cheese, egg whites, 2 cup riced cauliflower. Its more when you add sauce and toppings but very low cal.

If you double the recipe, the crust is thicker and tastes better.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this one! I love pizza and this sounds like a great alternative. Thanks for sharing!
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Need to try
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump