eating enough calories

Options
What do you do when you exercise and so have almost 2000 calories to eat, but are not at all hungry?

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    If I truly wasn't hungry I wouldn't eat. If I was hungry I would. That's what I would do.
  • karincarney
    karincarney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same question/problem. Yesterday I almost doubled my calorie allotment with exercise (+1123 calories). Do I eat all of that back?? Yikes!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If I truly wasn't hungry I wouldn't eat. If I was hungry I would. That's what I would do.

Same here. I can always eat back *some* of my calories. Cooking with healthy oils, eating a handful of nuts or nut butter...I mean a tablespoon of oil when cooking dinner doesn't exactly fill me up! However, if I truly wasn't hungry, I would leave them on the table, no big deal. I never actively avoid the extra calories though, and I eat them when I need them.
  • lilmiss_sunshine
    Options
    I have the same problem. If burning more calories = losing weight.... is not eating enough calories reeallllyy jeopardizing that? I am in the middle as well.

But I figure as long as I am eating small things throughout the day it's keeping my metabolism burning.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, I have over 1,000 calories left every day. I just leave it, and keep going as I'm going. I don't want to force myself to eat.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it was late and I really couldn't eat any more, I'd have a protein shake, and plan on having a REALLY happy food day tomorrow.

I've seen what happens when I don't eat enough calories for a prolonged period. I end up flabby and mushy and wear clothes two to three sizes bigger. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,080 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. This happened yesterday and I did wind up eating because I felt, physically, like I needed to, but didn't ever feel hungry. I was 600 calories under my revised goal at the end of the day. I rarely make my calorie goal, but try to take in at least 1200. That is the "magic" number I've always heard that women shouldn't go under.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't run on a 24-hour clock. You should eat most of your exercise calories but you don't have to eat them within the same day. I bank extra calories on days where I'm just not hungry enough to eat them for times during the week when I want to splurge a bit. It works well for me.