Lent

Options
13»

Replies

• Kitiara47
    Options
    Soda and ice cream for me. I'm also thinking about going red meatless, but at my apartment, that's about near impossible! :P
  • MMillo
    MMillo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sweets, before hitting mass, I have had a few sweets then off to the garbage they go!
  • repubgurl
    Options
    Excuses... no more, I didn't have time... no more, I'm depressed so I'm going to just sit here... no more, I'm too sleepy... no more excuses, period.
  • kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can I give up exercise?! HAHAHA :laugh:

Kidding!!

I'm giving up unhealthy snacks (chips, sweets, etc) and am adding more time in prayer and Bible study! :smile:

I'd give up excercise if i could... but too bad I'll be righ tback where i started if i do. :(
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    does it count to say sodas if I gave them up several months ago? I know...I know...
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    Excuses... no more, I didn't have time... no more, I'm depressed so I'm going to just sit here... no more, I'm too sleepy... no more excuses, period.

Good one!!!!
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Chocolate, soda, swearing, and procastinating.
  • kandicekaye
    Options
    does it count to say sodas if I gave them up several months ago? I know...I know...

dont you miss the bubbles? lol
  • sdawkins04
    sdawkins04 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Going on the 21 day Daniel fast which is giving up sweets, meat, dairy, and bread (unless its whole grain). Its pretty rough. Just started and I already feel like I'm starving... Going to be an interesting 3 weeks.
  • StacyMarieDiaz
    Options
    Im giving up facebook. I spend too much time on there and there seems to be a lot of negativity on there and unhappy people. So maybe it will rid some negativity out of my life.
  • Training2Tri
    Training2Tri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm torn, right now its between 3 things :

1) Giving up cheese (I love me some cheese)
    2) Making a commitment to working out or doing something active for all of lent
    3) Making a promise to floss every night.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    complaining.... :blushing: I don't do it very often, but I'm trying to be more mindful and optimistic... :smile:
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options

dont you miss the bubbles? lol

Haha, actually I do! I started drinking LaCroix just to get some fizziness.

And what's with giving up 2, 3, or 4 things? Y'all are making me look bad.
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    I'm giving up:
    1) Bread - all kinds, whether white or brown or wholegrain
    2) Cookies - I was letting myself have a couple every other day, but the couple normally turned into about 6 instead of 2!
    3) Meat - this won't be so much of a challenge, considering I don't even eat that much meat
    4) Facebook - it is SUCH a distraction and I am toooo addicted! I have exams coming up anyway, so I don't need it in my life
    5) Mini Cheddars - these crisp/cookie/cheesy tiny things that only have 140 calories per packet but I was eating a pack everyday... they are like my crack. But the next 40 days will be spent without them :)

This is going to be an interesting Lent!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up soda for Lent, what are you giving up???

^^^Hey, you stole mine! I don't drink regular soda anyway, so I'm giving up diet soda. Hopefully I can kick the habit entirely!
  • thomsenka
    Options
    I'm 'giving up time' to go to church every other week. I don't usually go...except Lent and about 3 or 4 other times a year.
  • greatginew
    Options
    I'm giving up Drinking :drinker: &&&&&....Enriched Foods - I seem to give up drinking every yr so this yr I wanted 2 do sumthin more 4 myself. I will note that I'm Horrified to find that Bisquick is Enriched :sad: I've been making Bisquick pancakes w/Blueberries or Choc. Chips or Walnuts or Bananas on wkend mornings for 23yrs & I can tell u that the Hodgemill Whole Grain r going to take sum serious getting used to. The up side to that tho, is I have a 1yr old grandbaby & hopefully I can get him used to the whole grain kind early ;~) wish me luck w/that as the rest of my family has flatly refused to give up "my" pancakes LOL
  • w292737
    Options
    I usually don't give anything up for lent, but challenge myself to do more during lent.