Elliptical NSV!

Options
The elliptical at the gym has been my cardio of choice for a couple years now. I used to only do 3 miles or 30 min whichever came first. I couldn't wait to get it over with, and I never really took it seriously.

Recently I've had to significantly increase the incline and the resistance to get the same workout in 30 minutes. About a month ago, I started reading during my workout which seemed to pass the time much quicker. I gradually worked up to 3.5 miles, then 4 miles...

...well today, I was SO into my book, I looked down at the clock, and I had been running for 45 minutes! So, I decided to push myself a little harder, and ran 5 miles, in 50 minutes on a relatively high incline! This is a new personal best! I am so amazingly proud of myself and just needed to share.

Replies

• Amf5627622
    Options
    Congrats - sometimes the best victories are the ones you achieved without really setting out to. Must be nice to realize how much your body can do when given the chance!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I can't read while I'm on the Elliptical! I bounce too much!
    And, congrats, dear! :)
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great NSV - You keep it up!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    great job!!
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can't read while I'm on the Elliptical! I bounce too much!

I wasn't able to at first... the first couple times I got a little dizzy. It definitely took a little practice.

Thanks for the positive words everyone!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!!

You'll be at an hour before you know it :)
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Options
    Just thought I'd post on this thread again - a quick elliptical update.

Today I ran 5.1 miles in 50 minutes - felt incredible.
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Options
    New Elliptical Update: I have to share it somewhere.

I have successfully DOUBLED my time on the elliptical. Yesterday, I logged 6 miles in 60 minutes on the elliptical. I'm SO very proud of myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!