Options
Anyone else eat great all day,
burn 1000 calories,
drink plenty of water,
get a good night sleep
and wake up still fat?

I did that again this morning.

I find this frustrating.

I think if you do this for, say, a few days or weeks, you should be 6-pack abs thin.

And celebrate with a pizza and a cookie.

Replies

• ladywolfkahn
    Options
    Im sorry but becoming smaller overnight or even in a few weeks is not ever going to happen. It takes work. There is no easy fix. If you apply yourself in the right ways, including your mindset, you will get there. YOU have to want to stick to this.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories (at least some of them)? If NO - then your body may be trying to hold onto every single calorie you put in your mouth.

Did you take measurements before you started? If you have'nt measured ... do it now. This lets you see the "progress" that you have made. I know it's hard, but try to focus on the positive.

The positive:
    You are eating well
    You are getting regular exercise
    Take measurements ...... this is where your exercise really pays off!

6 pack abs thin is not a realistic goal for every person. I could have a 6 pack ..... but still have fat legs ..... I'm a pear. Some people are apples. Every single person cannot reach "the perfect" body type.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and an amazing body does not happen over night.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If I was doing what I thought was "right" and not losing, I'd find what I was really doing wrong.

And I think that's a huge problem with the diet mentality in our society.......people think that if they exercise, they deserve some reward that is bad food based. *MY* reward is that all my clothes fit better and I'm stronger, not a pint of Ben and Jerrys.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    burn 1000 calories,
    drink plenty of water,
    get a good night sleep
    and wake up still fat?

I find this frustrating.

I think if you do this for, say, a few days or weeks, you should be 6-pack abs thin.

I think you should be able to make a wish, blow out the candles and be 6 pack thin. Too bad that's not how your body works. Did you get fat in a few days or weeks? Or did it take time? Getting un-fat doesn't work faster than getting fat.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You've lost weight and that's a great accomplishment. You get to a certain point and your body hits a snag and it's harder to lose. Just keep doing what you've been doing. It'll take time but you will lose more weight.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    HAHAHHA Hilarious!! I agree
    I should be able to have pizza now and if I work out once I should be at my goal weight!!

L:ove this post
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    lol wow for all of you guys responding in a serious way, you don't get humor do you?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol wow for all of you guys responding in a serious way, you don't get humor do you?

its you who doesnt get sarcasm. :)
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Haha I agree!! Losing weight just plain sucks! It takes so much work, dedication and perseverance!! Eventually and hopefully it becomes part of your lifestyle, and you love to eat healthy because it makes you full of energy, and you love to exercise because it makes you feel great!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have not yet seen a topic that gets no serious replies. No matter how silly, someone will fall for it.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Haha I agree!! Losing weight just plain sucks! It takes so much work, dedication and perseverance!! Eventually and, hopefully it becomes part of your life style, and you love to eat healthy because it makes you full of energy, and you love to exersice because it makes you feel great!!
    ^^^this is true <3
  • lieshas
    Options
    I agree! It would be the best thing to just wake up and be, well not fat loll. but alas, it hasn't happened yet...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I agree! I heard that if you dance in a circle three times, say "i will not get bulky" then dump a protein shake over your head you will get the 6 pack!
  • srogers01
    srogers01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! I constantly joke with my friends about waking up fat! lol! But I totally understand what you are saying...I feel like I work so hard but I'm still fat
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yep. I'm very frustrated. but I've learned the hard way, to not weigh myself. In fact, I'm only going to do it once a month. It is the biggest culprit in me failing every single time.
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you didn't stuff your face one night then woke up overweight to the point you wanted to do something about it. But it is frustrating to work hard to get healthier when you didn't have to work as hard to get overweight. :/

*on a serious note
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Although to be honest, I did wake up one day and realize I was thin. It didn't actually happen overnight, but the realization did.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    burn 1000 calories,
    drink plenty of water,
    get a good night sleep
    and wake up still fat?

I find this frustrating.

You mean a pizza and a DOZEN cookies. Get it right!
  • This kind of thinking is what has derailed my success in the past. Keep doing what your doing and it'll work.