hips!!!!!

Options
hi
what is the best exercise for toning hips and bum please? i live on a boat so room is limited. i have been walking a bit but dont seem to be losing off this area (boobs and waist are sloooooowly disappearing) but not bum! is running any good?
many thanks

Replies

• addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Squats and dead-lifts, start there.
  • fizzyliizy
    fizzyliizy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    many thanks
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yep I have lost everywhere else but but hips. Well I finally lost 1/2" this past two weeks. It is a tough spot for me too.
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    jump squats

jump lunges
  • LadyBuell
    Options
    i live on a boat
    Oh, very jealous here. Hubby and I are planning on living on a boat after all the kiddos are done with school. In fact, he is constantly looking for boats. He'll eventually find exactly what he is looking for.

As for your question, I'll be watching this because hips/butt/thighs are my major trouble zones. If I could just replace between my waist and my knees, I'd be thrilled.
  • southernsweetie1978
    Options
    definitely squats because it works the hips and thighs.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    There's a video from the 80's, Callenetics. It's awesome with the hip and thigh area. My sister is heavy in that area. I can tell when she's doing that workout. It tones you up!!!! VERY 80's though! Looks very easy, but you'll feel it the next day, and how!!!!!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    After my hip replacement they had me doing a lot of exercises with an elastic band to strengthen that area. Band around the ankles and lift sideways, front and back; lay down with band around knees and open and close knees. Also leg lifts lying on your side; wall sitting; and butt squeezing.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Callenetics for live aboards you can work around the space you have been there I have a friend visiting next week who has MS and swears by callenetics good luck.!