Any overweight college students?

Options
I'm 19, and a freshman in college. I've been overweight my entire life and I'm trying to (permanently!) lose a a good 40 to 50 lbs and I would love to connect with other girls or guys in a similar situation.

I've been considering some really drastic actions in order to lose the weight at any cost but I'm hoping that with fellow dieters I won't have to resort to any of the things that I've been considering.

Replies

• phoebenaiman
    phoebenaiman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Don't do anything drastic! Just give this website a shot, it works really well. The trick is to sticking with it!

I'm a student as well, currently in a post grad program. I'm trying to slim down before I graduate and enter the working world.

Feel free to add me!
  • ndunn18
    Options
    hey! I'm in college too and have also been overweight all my life, I'd like to become healthy permanently as well and learn to have a healthy diet & exercise routine along the way.

I've considered diet pills and all that too, but I think it's just best to start off learning to do things the healthy way.

One thing I hate about being in college right now though is not having a kitchen and constantly having to rely on cafeteria food where I don't know what they are really cooking with.

Maybe if we stick together we can do it!
  • mint0429
    Options
    me too,im a college student and i need to lose 30 to 40 pounds..feel free to add me :)
  • Lyndsay_Love
    Options
    I'm also in college and trying to lose weight! Last year I managed to drop 30lbs but over the winter I managed to gain some back. I'm trying to get back on track and lose the weight I gained and more. Feel free to add me :)
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to school and need to drop some pounds

add me on

Go Team!!!!
  • collegekid23
    Options
    Hey Ladies!
    I'm also in college and can definitely afford to lose about 30 pounds. I lost some weight this summer, but since being back in school I've proceed to gain some of it back.
    Let's get motivated!! Feel free to add me!!
  • lola8403
    lola8403 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm a slight non traditional student (i'm 27) and need to lose about 40. Feel free to add me! :)
  • lmc536
    lmc536 Posts: 9
    Options
    I feel your pain haha. In my first 2 years of university I gained 35 lbs. Eating dining hall didnt help haha. Now that im not forced to eat it anymore im trying to loose some of the weight. Feel free to add me :)
  • BaylorGirl15
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm a freshman in college as well. I have always been overweight, and started dieting when I was 11. During my senior year, I lost about 60 pounds, but gained 15 back during the summer, just by eating too many snow cones, and not working out. I've been trying to get down another 40 pounds all year, while in college. I feel your pain in the difficulty of it all. I live on campus, and have a meal plan, so I must eat college food. This has made it very difficult for me. I would say, don't take any drastic options. As an experienced dieter, I know these don't work. My advice would be to avoid the sweets, and fried food. Those have been my biggest pit-falls, because they are everywhere. My doctor keeps telling me to avoid potatoes, bread, pasta, and white rice. That has helped me some too, but in college, your options are very limited. Also, you have to do your best to be active. I have done my best to go to the gym 5 times a week, for about an hour and 15 minutes. I like to take a book, and it makes it go by so much faster. My motto is that if I have time for pinterest, to watch TV, and sit idly on Facebook, I have to find time to workout. This is my life, health and happiness that is at stake.
    Feel free to add me, or message me if you ever need advice, encouragement, or any tips! You can do it girl! You just have to keep it up, and do your best to not get discouraged.