If I gave you $10,000...

Options

Replies

• Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a coke, then build a model fort out of the rest and burn it when it was finished.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Based on the open relationship thread, I'd open a swinger's club and pay the membership for all the MFPeeps that wanted one:drinker: :drinker: .... wait, is that selfish??? :laugh: :laugh:

Travel to China or Japan or Russia....Wait, is taking someone else allowed?

Purely selfish.....purely selfish.... boat? Crap, $10k is just not enough....:grumble:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    An elliptical machine and a big-honkin' flat-panel TV with all kindsa high-tech gizmos.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i would upgrade my work out area with a new tv... i would buy a new lap top... oh also a new vaporizer... and when i was at my goal weight i would buy some new clothes...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised how much some people think you could do with $10,000 dollars...

I want extra rooms in the loft, but $10,000 wouldn't go far, so...

A proper holiday to Japan where we went to all the islands and not just where my DH is from and I could afford to buy as much manga as I wanted and the excess baggage costs to get that manga home, and some lessons with my favourite Japanese teacher.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Gibson LP in cherry sunburst and a Fender Tele in the sea foam green color.

spend the rest on a car
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    trip to Europe, or whatever classic muscle car i could obtain for $10k.

maybe a 1970 Challenger.
  • christylooper
    Options
    Disney World!!!!
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would buy the paint and few decorating items I have left to get for my house. Then I would use the rest to take a vacation to meet some of the most incredible women who have been in my life for the past 4 years and have supported me through 2 babies and a divorce. (Long story)
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    A very nice vacation or Vegas Baby because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!!!!
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    My initial response was going to be home/car repair or towards my daughter's future education but you noted that it had to be selfish. Um...tummy tuck likely. All the extra skin from a huge pregnancy - would be nice to have it gone.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I'd probably put it towards my savings for a new house. Although I'd put some aside for a trip to Scotland and Ireland for my honeymoon. :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Buy a motorcycle.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    A couple of new snowboards, trip to The Netherlands, and a new wardrobe.
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Take a vacation to Ireland... spend it all on booze with a hot Irish man.

THIS!!! ^^^^^
  • jedibunny
    Options
    If assuming that "no bills" means "no loan payments," I have to go with paying for a honeymoon. Business class airfare to Edinburgh (~6000), stay at a spectacular hotel with a castle view for six nights (~1650), a personalized ancestral tour of the highlands for my beloved (1000), the rest spending cash for goodies and food. You can't tell me that isn't selfish despite the tour. ;)
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It'd be the first installment for an inground pool in my backyard.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A down payment on a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution in gun metal silver =)
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Tuition!
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would use it to help me move to New York this summer.