Love at (sort of) First Sight?

Options

Replies

• JThomas61
    Options
    This has really only happened to me once. I normally move VERY slowly with relationships, but this one time, I was absolutely blown away. The night we met, I could tell there was something different about her, and by the next day, I knew I wanted to spend forever with her. It wasn't a hunch or a "maybe" kinda thing...I KNEW.

^5 Happened to me once, RECENTLY and exactly this way! There is no "maybe". I KNOW!!!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Some great stories here...all appreciated!

Regarding using my head...as much as my heart is in the clouds at the moment, I'm using my head too...after all, I'm 44...not 24 (or younger). I would hope that life lessons and experience up to this point have taught me well. For as corny as this might sound, I have a pretty accurate intuition - it NEVER fails me and ALWAYS warns me if something is amiss. I've not had any warnings.

And for those curious, this isn't someone that was a stranger when I met him...we had a (long distance) open friendship for many months before recently meeting in real life for the first time. I have yet to catch my breath. :heart:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I believe in love at first sight.. a genuine attraction between to hearts and souls <3
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    My (now) husband and I met on the internet 10 years ago.

He came out to Minnesota to visit after chatting online for 6 months or so, and we moved in together about 3 months later approximately. He proposed about 4 months after that. We didn't get married for quite a while after that (YEARS), but I never regretted saying yes.

Completely agree, We had a "twilight" Romance, but no werewolfs, vampires or really anything else like the movie...just the imediate head over heels that stuck around and it evolved into a different yet wonderful love
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes. My boyfriend and I have only been together about a month, spend most nights together, and already know we're meant to be together. He's talked about proposing within the next few months. I know it can happen..just whatever God has in store..and forget what other people think!
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    My story goes like this. Was working in the payroll department of a food manufacturing company and one November a guy was brought into the office and introduced to us as one of the new Team Leaders. As he walked out of the office I told my boss that I was going to marry that guy.
    12 months later we started going out, 3 months after that engaged, 9 months later married and our daughter arrived 7 years later.

Not such a happy ending as widowed after 11 years of marriage but I'm left with his legacy in our daughter.

I still can't tell you what it was that made me say 'I'm going to marry him'.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

His farting is not ignored,

oops.... I didn't think you would notice...

( fluffs sheets covertly)
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    met my husband at Aircrew school when we were in the Navy. .After 3 weeks he told me he loved me and after 4 months we got married. We have an awesome 19 month old and August will be 4 years married now :)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend meet me when I was 15 years old at work. I had a boyfriend at the time, so I only thought of him as a friend. We hung out a lot and texted 50 or more times a day. and he always expressed his feelings toward me, I always denied them but was flattered. He would even talk to his sisters and family about me, latter i found out that he told them he knew he would be with me. He left for college and we still kept in touch, he would visit me during all of his breaks. Finally he wrote me a letter saying that he couldnt move on, he thought about me litteraly all the time. He texted me little sayings in french, like i wouldnt go to google translator. "you are my life, my love." he said that when i had my first day at work, he just looked at me and knew. i had to be his. a few years latter We fought because I still had a boyfriend, I wanted to be his best friend and he couldnt stand to see the person he loved with someone else. eventully i broke up with my ex and realized what I had in front of me. I have honestly never been happier in my entire life. going on two years, and a four year friendship. <3 We had a physical relationship right away, maybe because we had been so close friends for so long. This past year we moved 100 miles away and into our own apartment.
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    My husband and I met on eHarmony. My first week on the site, I had one match. I was so depressed. But the next week, I had literally hundreds of matches. As I was scrolling through the endless list of pictures and names, I came across one that looked sort of like a friend from high school - goofy smile, cute pose...altogether unique. I immediately started communicating with him. There were three others that I started communicating with that same day and a few others messaged me over the following days, but NONE attracted me like the goofy, quirky guy that would later sweep me off my feet and become my husband. I knew I wanted to marry him four days after we met, but I didn't want to get my hopes up because I had been hurt so many times before.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in it. Just not tellin' my story.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This has really only happened to me once. I normally move VERY slowly with relationships, but this one time, I was absolutely blown away. The night we met, I could tell there was something different about her, and by the next day, I knew I wanted to spend forever with her. It wasn't a hunch or a "maybe" kinda thing...I KNEW.

Unfortunately, it didn't end well. Long story short, she was in the midst of getting a divorce and ended up going back to her hubby. She just wasn't able to let go. But even so, yeah, I believe things can be very real very quickly.

The first part of this happened to me as well. Ours ended after 3 years for different reasons. But yes, the night we met I was completely swept off my feet and knew after the first date that I was in love with him. Unfortunately for us, it didn't work out. It was truly a great love and hope I will experience it again with the right person that I'm supposed to spend my life with!

BTW my parents married after dating 3 months and were HAPPILY married for 57 years until my father recently passed away.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I will be honest about the actual topic Love at (sort of) First Sight...the topic is 100% accurate for me, it wasn't the first moment that I saw her that it happened but it was within 12 hours of seeing her for the first time. I just looked into her eyes and saw it.

Before this happened I scoffed at the idea that this was even possible, I just thought it was something that was depicted in every bad made for TV love story ever produced for the Lifetime channel.

But I stand correct on this! It is possible because it happened to me!
  • froe2430
    Options

I am totally not in the honeymoon phase anymore. His farting is not ignored, I know all his faults and he knows mine, and we've been through some tough stuff. It's different than it was at first, sure.... because now I love him for different reasons. But that's love - it evolves.

I completely, 1000% agree with this. I knew within minutes of meeting my (now)husband that he was for me. I was 13. It took us a few years to start dating, but we've been together since Jan 1999. It wasn't lust that brought us together. I can't explain it, but I felt whole when we were together. I still feel that way.

But, its different now. Do I get annoyed and frustrated with him? Yes. But its because I love him. I never thought I'd be a believer in "love at first sight" - but I'm a believer.
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haha - totally believe & experienced!

March 27 - introduced to my hubby :huh:
    April 12 - I proposed to him! :noway:
    May 22 - Married! :heart: (7 weeks later, folks)
    March 18 - our daughter born

Less than a year from, "Hello, my name is...," to "congratulations on your pink bundle of joy, Mr. & Mrs. Hill"!

This year is our 19th anniversary & we're more in :heart: than ever!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I never did until I met the man who is now my husband.
    We met online and chatted a little here and there, then talked on the phone. He asked me out at least 10 times and I kept saying no. We went out on a Saturday, he asked me to marry him 2 months later, we got married 4 months after that. During the entire time that we have been together, we have been apart only 1 day.
    All of my friends told me it was too quick, that I was acting like a dumb high school girl, told me that I should wait. I am glad that I did not listen. We are still crazy in love. I say you must go with your heart. You could get hurt but you could also miss out on a wonderful life with someone.
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes. I met my husband in April 2007. I was teaching a class he was in. Before people dispersed to their classrooms everyone met in the lobby and I saw him by the door and I thought, "This one is going to be important." I didn't know how. I was engaged to be married even. As luck would have it, he was in my class and we spent our lunch break just talking about interesting things. I had already been getting cold feet and some doubts about the wedding, but by May I was sure enough, and broke up with the person I was engaged to. The day class was over in mid-May, he did not come to the final session (it only met on Saturdays.) I called his phone to find out why, as per our school's policy, and ended up inviting myself to come visit him. At the beginning of June, he bought me a ring, "just as a promise." On September 28, we moved in together. Somewhere around October 6, I got pregnant. We were married officially on January 14, 2008 - exactly 9 months from the day we first saw each other - and our daughter was born at the end of June.

We now have 2 children and just celebrated four years married, and still as happy (or happier) than the day we met.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I believe in love at first sight.. a genuine attraction between to hearts and souls <3

well said my friend!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    silly question but... why does scapez and jjtaylor99 have the same pic ???????????????????? :huh:
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes I do believe in love at first site....met my husband on May 27th and I knew he was the one. Married him less than 3 months later and we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary this year and have added a beautiful little girl to our family. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, aside from my little girl of course :)