Zumba or Turbo Jam/Fire?

Options
I workout at home, and I'm looking for a new DVD series to do. I'm quite overweight, but generally coordinated and able to work hard with no health issues (i.e. bad knees, etc.). I'm currently on Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, and I walk/jog about 3 miles every day.

I'm just a little bored, and I'm looking to change things up a bit. I know there's several workout DVD threads, but I'm specifically looking for input on Zumba or Turbo Jam/Fire. Both of these workouts look quite interesting to me, and I'd like to hear your opinion of these DVDs.

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and Turbo Jam...I love them both but mostly Zumba. I love to dance so Zumba is my favorite!! They both have low impact moves if you need them, I have tendonitis on both of my knees so I think Turbo Jam takes a little more toll on them than Zumba.
  • Mblee_music
    Mblee_music Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs and LOVE them! It's a blast and really entertaining. They really break everything down for you, but then give you the option to go without the instructions. I never complete a workout without smiling and laughing at myself. I don't know the other workout you mentioned, but I would definitely recommend this to you if you enjoy dancing.
  • lorena1120
    Options
    I just purchased the Zumba fitness for the wii and last night was my first time doing the workout and loved it.!!! I started breaking a sweet litterally the first five minutes while doing the tutorials, I never work out as I'm a busy single mother of 2 but this game it whoopped my butt but was alot of fun! I kept laughing and smiling and enjoy how it breaks down the moves for you.

I love to dance! as salsa, merengue, and bachata are a big part of my culture so doing this workout was alot of fun and got me moving. I am looking foward to doing it again tonight.
  • PJChick730
    Options
    Im obsessed with Turbo Fire. There's good music and Chalene (the instructor) is very motivational.

I suggest checking your local library and try both Turbo and Zumba before spending any money.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have zumba and turbofire, they are both really fun but I like turbofire way more! I think the moves are more fun and the music is a lot better, I also burn more calories with it!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I had Turbo Jam and hated it. Chalene annoys me and her friends annoy me more. I can't even look at Anna-Rita (the tiny chick in the back that lost 75lbs). I lost the 1st DVD with Learn & Burn, 20 Minutes, and Turbo Sculpt a few days before I took my first class of Zumba. I see that as a sign. I LOVE Zumba and it's so much more enjoyable than Turbo Jam. I can't dance to save my life, but unlike Turbo Jam (even though Chalene says this line over and over again) Zumba doesn't feel like a workout. It's like taking an extreme dance class without getting yelled at about form!