A question about running shoes...

Options
Anybody tried Nike LunarSwift+ 2 men's running shoes? Thinking about getting a pair. The seem to have a good rating.

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I havent but iwas just looking yesterday at some of the womens lunar ones!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My hubby loves his new Dual Fusion Nike running shoes!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    It's highly recommended that you get fitted for shoes at a running shoe store! Just because they rate well, doesn't mean they will feel good on your own feet and that they are the right shoe for you!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I went to fleet feet and got fitted for a pair of running shoes. I got Brooks Adrenaline GTS and they are awesome. Fleet feet fitted me to ones based on how I walk. I wouldn't have ever picked the Brooks on my own. Totally glad I had them do the picking. Most comfortable shoes ever.
  • the2aces
    the2aces Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you're located but the best thing to do would be to get fit for shoes at a specialty running store. A pair of shoes that works for one person can totally screw up another person because our gaits are so different (underpronation vs. overpronation, etc).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Nope... nike stuff doesn't fit me right, which means (to me) that nike stuff sucks.
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nike also don't fit me but I think it is because their shoes run narrow and I have a wide foot. I agree with the other recommendations to get fitted at a running store.
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with thise above. it is very important to get fitted for your running shoes if you are planning on during lots of running. It took me a couple pairs to find the perfect fit. If I try something different, I start having knee problems. (I pronate slightly and I wear asiacs kyanos, pricey but worth every penny.)
  • While I agree that it's best to get fitted at a store that focuses on running...there just aren't any within a 1 hour drive of where I live. Just general shoe stores, and most of the employees I've asked, really don't know much about it. I've been looking for minimalist running shoes and they all give me that dog-cocked head look when I mention it. All I really have to go on is ratings, opinions and trial-and-error.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    While I agree that it's best to get fitted at a store that focuses on running...there just aren't any within a 1 hour drive of where I live. Just general shoe stores, and most of the employees I've asked, really don't know much about it. I've been looking for minimalist running shoes and they all give me that dog-cocked head look when I mention it. All I really have to go on is ratings, opinions and trial-and-error.

Do you have any places like Famous Footwear or DSW? Places where the shoes are on the floor and you don't have to ask a sales person to go get you the right size? If so, go there and try on every running shoe they have. Take the time to notice how they fit your foot. How tight is the heel cup? How much arch support is there? How wide is the toe box? How much cushion is there? Do they "push" you onto the outside or inside of your foot, etc.

If you can't get fitted, then trying on A LOT of shoes is the next best bet. I've found that, as with most things, if you find the right pair you'll know it almost immediately.
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the not having a running store where they can measure you close so here's my experience. I bought Nike Dual Fusions. I did a lot of research and a lot of trying shoes on and love my new running shoes. Of course I'm female so Nikes are a little different. My husband can't wear them because they don't fit his feet correctly so I got him Saucony kinvaras and he loves them. He's had three surgeries on one knee so finding new shoes that are going to work for him is a little hard but he really really likes these ones. I say if you do your research and try on more then one shoe you should be fine.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    While I agree that it's best to get fitted at a store that focuses on running...there just aren't any within a 1 hour drive of where I live. Just general shoe stores, and most of the employees I've asked, really don't know much about it. I've been looking for minimalist running shoes and they all give me that dog-cocked head look when I mention it. All I really have to go on is ratings, opinions and trial-and-error.

i think fleet feet has a tool on their website you can use to give you an idea of what to get. you could try it and then go hunting for that particular shoe and try it out. they even let me fiance go running in the shoes while we were there to make sure he would like them.