Exercise

Options
Hi,

I had a baby about 2 months ago therefore I have gained a lot of weight, I have 20 more pounds or so that I would like to lose. Currently I'm 150. I do work out 4-6 times a week. I do a lot of elliptical and treadmill machines. I also do abs machines, leg machines, and arms. My arms have become more toned as well as my calf muscles, still workin on the thighs. My main areas are my stomach and my love handles. That is what I'm trying to lose right now and I have yet to have any luck in that area. Is there any suggestions on what I can do to make that happen?

Any suggestions are taken :)

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Start out doing 10 of these in 1 set. Move onto 2 sets of 25 reps when that's easy. Then onto 1 set of 40 reps.

captains-chair-abs-exercise.gif

All you do is sit at the edge of a chair and lift your legs like that then bring them back down. I do it like 2 seconds to raise, 1 second to hold, 2 seconds to lower.
  • amizimmerman
    Options
    I too have just recently had a baby..about 4 months ago..was a happy 130 before and got up to 160 and after I had him i too was stuck at about 150 and wanted to lose 20 pounds..and i have..actually 25 pounds : ) happily at 125 now and my problem to was just my stomach and love handles from the weight i put on cause of baby...all i did was just keep at it..i worked out mon-fri for at least 2 hours..1 hour in the morning and 1 at night..changed my eating habits cause i sure ate whatever i felt like while being pregnant..so i just started to eat better..portion my food and just kept working out..didnt even go to a gym did it all on my WII with a few different games! so just keep at it and you'll get there..cant happen over night..im still working on the stomach area got a little mommy pouch going on still!!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the best thing for losing fat. Weights are good for muscle tone, but cardio burns the fat! Your doing that already, so keep at it, don't get discouraged. It just takes time. Good luck!