"SCREW THE SCALE"

Options
This is for all you ladies who are discouraged every single day about your weight! This for all you ladies who step on the scale every single day, maybe even multiple times a day! This is for all you ladies who need some motivation for just saying, "SCREW THE SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have been busting my butt everyday doing P90X and pretty consistent strict dieting for 38 days now and you know what?! I have barely lost 6 pounds! I am done with the scale...hello TAPE MEASURE!!! (Total Loss of 12 inches in 38 days from waist, hips, arms, and legs)

BEFORE 163 (DAY 1)
Random116.jpg
AFTER 157 (DAY 38)
p90xday37005.jpg
BEFORE (DAY 1)
Random119.jpg
AFTER (DAY 38)
p90xday37010.jpg

Replies

• greentiffanie
    greentiffanie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! Get rid of the scale and start taking measurements or just judge by how well your "skinny Jeans" fit now. Keep up the good work!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I keep telling everyone throw those dam scales out. It is a number. More importantly how do your clothes fit?
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great! It is so easy to get caught up in the numbers on the scale, you are proof that the scale doesn't show the truth. Thank you for your post.
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I need to take this advice. Not only do I weigh every single day, I weigh multiple times a day!! I need to start measuring myself instead because I can tell a difference in the way my clothes fit but the scale still screams 'FATTY' to me!

You look fabulous and the difference is awesome! Keep it up!!
  • swtpea9191
    Options
    seriously... your results are just amazing! I am going to get this P90X thing and try this myself because of you. It's like.. no more cellulite? poof! GONE It's just amazing what muscle toning does? I'm so motivated by you! You look so great!!!!!!!!! ♥
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you gotta love the tape measure.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We are ON THE SAME PAGE! I just put the scales away this morning. HOW FREEING! I am weighing in on the first of each month and also taking measurements. I REFUSE TO BE A SLAVE TO THEM ANY MORE!

You look amazing. Just amazing! YOU GLOW!

C'mon CanCun! xoxoxo
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look fabulous! I'm getting to the point where I don't care what I weigh.... I just want to look smaller & get down a pant size or two!! Keep up the great work!
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!! IF THE CLOTHES ARE FITTING LOOSER...THAT'S A WAY BIGGER ACCOMPLISHMENT THAN A NUMBER ON A SCALE! So kuddos to all of you! I have a big problem with weighing myself everyday and getting discouraged real easy.

AND THANK YOU GUYS!! =):blushing:
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    love it! you're gaining muscle! you're so toned.. hope to see those kind of results on day 38!! im on day 7.. week 2 starts tomorrow. yay for measuring tape!
  • shoeluver67
    shoeluver67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is so freaking awesome because you LOOK like you dropped about 25. WOW!!! i think we fail to take into account the muscle we are building when it comes to the scale. you should be DAMN proud of yourself girl and FLAUNT that!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Preach it, sista!!! :drinker:
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just said "SCREW THE SCALE!!!!!" I gave up my scale for lent and I am not even going to measure, I'm just gonna go by how clothes are fitting!!! Congrats!! You are looking amazing!
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i decided jan 1 to NOT go anywhere near a scale! and i haven't. i measure once a week or so and otherwise i just go by pics and how my clothes fit!

i think everyone should toss their scale ;-)

you look great!!! keep up the awesome work. i'm doing a p90x/ turbo fire hybrid and i LOVE it!

keep pressing play!!!
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Samething happened to me, in 2 months I only lost 3 pounds, but 3 inches off my hips, and 1 1/2 off my thighs! We are all build so different. Some of us build more muscle faster. I'm done with my scale too! Finally now I no why Weight Watchers never worked for me. You go girl!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X too---finishing up my 3rd week.

I put the scale away at the beginning of this week. It was really messing with my head. Now I'm afraid to see what it says again so I'm just going to leave it in the closet for a while...a long while.

And good work to you!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow your tummy and backside look amazing! :)
  • shoeluver67
    shoeluver67 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    that is a FANTASTIC idea!!!! oh my god!! i'm giving up my scale for Lent too...that is a GREAT idea. That dang scale has been messing with my head sooooo bad. i love that idea.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Great work!! :happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!!!

Sometimes the only way I can get my scale to move is when I kick it across the room. Photos are a much better way for me to check my progress.