THERMAGE -alternative to tummy tuck- anyone ever try it ?

Options
I have been looking into an alternative instead of a tummy tuck. I have lower abdomen loose skin pooch....after having 2 kids my stomach got stretched out and some of the skin looks wrinkly on my lower abdomen. The esthetician seems to think this would be a suitable 1 time treatment that would treat that area and help it reproduce its collagen thus smoothing iteself out. I have seen some before and after pictures.....the before is similar to my tummy and the results seemed great.

Has anyone actually tried it and had results?

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I need to BUMP this!!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It looks interesting. I called a doc here that does it and its about $2500. If I do something like this it won't be for quite some time. lol
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Is it something that only last a couple of years though? I was curious about this as well.

This is what I found on one of the FAQ on a website for a doc that does it locally

How long do the results last?
    Measurable firming of the skin appears gradually over 2 to 6 months after a single treatment session. However, many patients report tightening of the skin earlier. Results may last up to two years although long term studies are still in progress.

Read more: http://www.dermanetwork.org/information/thermage.asp##8#ixzz1nKmR8uCT
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have had laser skin tightening in the past (before I gained the weight) and it removed some of the stretch marks (well made them less noticeable) and tightened the skin a little. This time I thought I would need it again but my skin is actually shrinking on it's own which is weird! I thought it worked when I had it done in the past though.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I don't know about Thermage, but I know that building some muscle and eating more protein is supposed to help in case you want to try that too. Good luck!
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Thermage, but I know that building some muscle and eating more protein is supposed to help in case you want to try that too. Good luck!

Building muscle won`t tightnen skin. Once skin is stretched and collagen is no longer produced by your body, the skin won`t heal and go back to its previous form....it remains loose and wrinkly. I talked to a Dr in regards to that. I have lost 50lbs and I am "skinny" again.... I exercise and eat properly and my body is looking good.... but even the dr said all the exercise in the world won`t fix that.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Here is a pic of the Thermage results on stomachs. My wrinkled tummy is below the belly button.... but it gives you an idea of possible results. Approx cost is $2500..... A tummy tuck can go for $9000 and is dangerous. I am just looking into alternatives.

Thermage.jpg
  • michellebd1980
    Options
    I need to BUMP this!!

Can someone explain to me what everyone means when they say BUMP?
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I need to BUMP this!!

Can someone explain to me what everyone means when they say BUMP?

It means to Bring Up My Post. More or less it is to take the topic back to the top to make it easier to find later.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to believe the pictures companies show you to show how their products work. Not everyone's results will be like that.

It would be nice if you could met actual people who have done it to get more accurate results information.
  • tracygan69
    tracygan69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My friends 65 year old mother had it done to her arms (batwings) and tummy, she had amazing results. I have full intension once I hit my goal weight to get this done. If anything can improve the look of the stretchmarks and baby belly I will be happy. Surgery is not an option for me.
  • D0llface
    D0llface Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having this done in April on my abdomen. It will cost around $1800. If you notice, all the before and after pictures online seem to be the same regardless of the plastic surgeon, which seems sketchy to me. Regardless, I'm willing to try it rather than going through a tummy tuck. My loose skin is under my bellybutton as well. I will be taking my own before and after pictures, and would be happy to send them to anyone who would like to see if this procedure really works or not. Just lemme know.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hmm I'm always looking for something other than a tummy tuck to get rid of loose saggy skin
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Heres someones real review on it http://www.realself.com/review/thermage-body
  • jamestash
    Options
    I've had thermage on my stomach after losing weight and being left with slight excess skin and a pouch at the bottom of my stomach. It cost me £2,500 and had it done 7 months ago and it has made NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever.
    I have seen before and after pictures that thermage have published but can't relate to them at all.
    I've heard very positive things about its effect on the face and neck, and has recently been on "how not to get old" on Chanel 4 where it has also had positive feedback. But on the body, for me, it did absolutely nothing. I was promised the world and when you have a sensitivity towards an area and somebody gives you an answer to your prayers you take it at the first opportunity, but sadly it was nothing but a very expensive disappointment.
    Looks like a tummy tuck is the only answer! :(
    Sorry to burst anyone's bubble,
    But I seriously recommend finding an alternative. I've also had velashape which was equally ineffective.
    Don't waste your money guys!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump