Ladies, do you exercise on 'that day' of the month?

Options

Replies

• Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have debilitating cramps for maybe 2-3 days and I go to the gym and do cardio because THAT is THE ONLY thing that makes the pain tolerable.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I always want to lie down, but i feel way better if i exercise. Even if it is only walking on the treadmill. Helps with the cramps.

Wine does too!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    There's only one?

I've been lied to.

lol there is more but there is one that would make men cry!!

To answer the original question - yes! I do... I found that it really helps me with cramps - whether it's psychological or physiological I have no idea, but I am pain free during and for a while after exercise. :smile:
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yes I do through the entire week. However for some odd reason I can never get my heart rate up high during that week. It is like a losing battle so I tend to workout but not kill myself because my body fights it.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    On the worst day, I just go for a long walk.
  • alabughosh
    alabughosh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not reading through all the answers (might be repeating a lot of people here)....but just do something moderate! There's no need to be doing mountain climbers and dislodging things...lol (sorry tmi...but seriously)
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky I ususlly don't have much cramps and my period usually only last 2 or 3 days but on the months when it is bad and I do have ctamps ad all the other fun stuff that goes with it I still workout but I listen to what my body tells me and only push as hard as i feel I can take. There is always tomorrow and it doesn't hurt to slack of a little for just 1 or 2 days a month.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I sure do. If I took time off every time I had to deal with Mother Nature, I'd never make it to my weight goal. Why act like your period is a disability? If you're cramping just do a lighter workout...
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Sorry Jilliam Michaels.. my ovaries can't be made of steel and the tears of ten thousand gypsies like yours.
    Baaaahahahahaha!

Think I'll give myself a rest during the day today, and go for a walk this evening. I walk pretty fast (4.5mph usually) so that should be a good cardio workout for today at least. Then I'll get back into the 30DS tomorrow and hope Jillian doesn't kill me after two days off.

^This is what I would do. If you feel awful, take a nice long walk. It clears your head, burns some calories, and gets you out of the house and far away from chocolate!
    Personally, I'd work out, because I know it helps with the symptoms and because I don't like to get out of my workout routine. :)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Ditto. They always told us "moderate exercise" or "some yoga and stretching" for relieving cramps, and that never worked. For me, it has to be running. A hard workout.
    I have debilitating cramps for maybe 2-3 days and I go to the gym and do cardio because THAT is THE ONLY thing that makes the pain tolerable.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I do workout throughout my entire TOM. I only experience cramps on the first two days but I just take a midol, or naproxen and i'm good all day long, haha.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Always have always will. Helps me feel better actually too :) It can't stop me!
  • silverpen193
    Options
    I dont exercise on the first day, I use it as a scheduled rest day, not so much because of the cramps, although theres that, but because I simply feel totally drained and exhausted. The other days I can knuckle under and deal but not day1 :)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I could be making stuff up but I think exercise has been shown to alleviate cramps. Orgasms do as well.

Freakin' hilarious. And I agree.

THIS. THIS IS SO TRUE!
  • mumster63
    mumster63 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I don't work out, I feel waaayyy worse. I find it helps my cramps.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Sure do work out during that time.... that BI&&TCH is NOT going to bring me down !! haha.......

Course my workouts tend to be more aggressive that week as well ;)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    OMG...yours is just ONE DAY? :noway: ...LOL anyways just go for a walk.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    MIne just started yesterday and I felt like crap!!! I was not going to exersice but with some unplaned fast food i felt like i had too, once I started i couldnt stop- i felt a lot better and was way more energized! I did 30 day shred too!
  • 1travieza1
    Options
    Definitely not... My first two days I am yucky and full of cramps .... But once I am up to it I go into beast mode
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes I do .... even though I usually bleed heavier afterward, it makes me feel better in the long run!