FitBit

Options
Does anyone have the FitBit? If so, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a few days now. I really want something to track all of my calories I burn no matter what activity, it does not track any strength and it won't track my work on the bike, so I am not overly impressed, but I do enjoy the sleep tracker, but again it is not accurate either.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well geez, I was seriously thinking about getting one, butIi do a lot of strength and machine work too.. So whats the diff between this and just wearing your HRM all day?? other than it's a cool thing to own?

Don't really need to know how much I sleep, if I wanna track that.. pencil and paper next to bed.. 2.99
  • 3Bazinga3
    3Bazinga3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wonder how the Bodybugg is. I hear it is really accurate with how many calories burned. I'll have to look into it. Thank you!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love mine. You can input other exercises like bike, etc on the website. It doesn't count those as they are not "steps" or "stairs". I think it wold be more than any little tracker to do to track every exercise known to man.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's a great "passive" tool. You might be surprised how much you do (or don't do during the day) I was shocked to see that I routinely log over 3 miles per day just in the course of work and errands. That makes a big difference in my caloric needs. I've calibrated my steps over known distances and fount it to be shockingly accurate.

You still have to log your workouts. No pedometer, regardless of how fancy, can track weights and bike rides.
  • Tiff216
    Tiff216 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just got one as a present.....I work on my feet all day though. I am going to start the actual test on it tomorrow when I go back to work to see how well it works!
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I wonder how the Bodybugg is. I hear it is really accurate with how many calories burned. I'll have to look into it. Thank you!

Come payday I am buying the bodybugg, when I called they gave the answer I needed to hear, my roommate is going to get the Polar ft60 I think is what it is, he needs one he can wear in the pool, can't do that with the bodybugg. I can't wait to get a new gadget! Good luck on your search