JUNE STARTERS, JULY CHAT, July 1-31

Options
isandi
isandi Posts: 162 Member
Hi all,
thought I would start a thread where all the June starters can come and chat!
I am doing this for myself! tee hee I am a little OCD and don't want to miss any of your wonderful posts! HMMMMMMM Candy, where are you?

I am in countdown mode...only 4 days until we leave for the wedding!

Hope you all have a wonderful and fun filled 4th!

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sandi!:wink:

That is very exciting about the wedding, do you know what you are going to do about food while you are a way?:flowerforyou:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Have fun at the wedding! Weddings are so fun :happy:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I am always looking in the community for a thread to join, but I just find myself lost most times...haha but we are June Starters so we can identify with each other!!

Can I just tell you guys that I was planning on going to Arby's for dinner...I had already logged it into MFP and everything. Then, as I was driving by Arby's, I kept going and went a few miles more down to Subway! I saved myself like 500 calories, plus Subway let me eat tons of good veggies! It felt good to not give into temptation like I used to. I am in it to win it!! :)

Any of you have other inspirational stories/ brags today? :bigsmile:
  • AlmostHot
    Options
    Thats great! I love subway! and the kids love to so it is a great takeaway!

I am going swimming this afternoon, with other adults. And for the first time I am thinking of myself and having my boys 10, 11 look after my baby, almost 3 in the play area next to the pool. I spend many many hours each week watching them swim and now it is my turn, I am sooo excited and nervous at the same time, at least I can keep an eye on them and get out if I really have to. But I can tell you that if I have to get out of that pool in that 1 hour, heads will roll!:laugh: (not literally, but you get the gist)
  • isandi
    Options
    You gals are doing so well and avoiding temptation!

I hope you have a great time swimming!
    It is hard to take care of yourself when you have kids...but you can do it!

My youngest son is getting married and I am their wedding planner! YIPES!
    aS far as food goes I am gooing to try to eat mostly protein and watch the calories. I will still log the food! I know I am having shrilmp at the wedding and steak and shrimp the first night we get there! I will take some of my NLD shakes with me. They are wonderful and are really easy to mix in a cold drink!

Have a good evening!
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    I love this idea! I am always looking in the community for a thread to join, but I just find myself lost most times...haha but we are June Starters so we can identify with each other!!

Can I just tell you guys that I was planning on going to Arby's for dinner...I had already logged it into MFP and everything. Then, as I was driving by Arby's, I kept going and went a few miles more down to Subway! I saved myself like 500 calories, plus Subway let me eat tons of good veggies! It felt good to not give into temptation like I used to. I am in it to win it!! :)

Any of you have other inspirational stories/ brags today? :bigsmile:

I wish I could say the same. It's funny you mention it...about Arbys...I NEVER eat Arbys...but last night...I did. I DID give in...darn it! But I will say...I got my arby's sub with no mayo...so it was just turkey, lettuce and tomato...I got the fries, but gave them to my dog (it was cheaper to get the "meal" that came with a drink...then to get the sandwich and add a drink)...and I didn't drink pop (but I haven't drank pop for about 2 months now...)...so...I didn't make TOO bad of a choice. It guess, if nothing else, it goes to show...you really CAN make healthier choice....no matter where you go to eat.

As far as a "brag" today...I'm on day number 4 of getting up early and exercising...and today...I took a 4 mile walk/jog (ended up being about half and half). Very proud of myself! And it was much easier than ever before...because I'm two weeks NOT SMOKING today!!! YAY!!! I FEEL GREAT!!! :drinker: --That's CHEERS TO JUNE STARTERS!!!!
  • JenMarie
    JenMarie Posts: 15
    Options
    So my temptation avoided today was a local ice cream shop. I have a coupon for a free one of my favorite treats. I had my hand on the blinker and was going to turn. I just drove right past. I thought of this site and you girls and then the sacrifices you make. I can do this too.

Yes, Kandi, where are you?
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I think this is a great group to join. I've enjoyed reading all of the encouraging words and support the June Starters have given each other. So good luck to us all! :happy:

High wt 223 on April 1
    Starting wt 214 on June 2nd, joined mfp
    Current wt 204
    Target wt 149
    Mini Goal 194 by August 1
    I haven't been under 200 in years! :angry:

My daughter is going to be a bridesmaid for the first time this September. I would like to get a nice dress for the wedding and be comfortable in it. These pounds need to go!!!
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    Options
    Way to go JenMarie for avoiding that temptation!! Ice cream used to be my down fall too...now...I take yogurt ...actual yogurt cups...and put them in the freezer...and eat them when I want something cold...and I tell you what! I'm addicted...and it totally cures my craving for ice cream!!

And asdfjkl...nice name by the way :laugh: ...but I have confidence in you...you can get a nice dress and feel great in it! I know you can do it!!
  • isandi
    Options
    fHi everyone!

Avoiding temptations is a real biggie! I think it is a good idea to report to the group when you are able to do it, it makes you stronger and it makes us stronger too! So congratulations on AVOIDING your temptations!

Here is something that I ran across and thought might hit home for most of us!

Loss Minute By Linda Spangle, RN, MA
    Author: 100 Days of Weight Loss
    www.WeightLossJoy.com

It sounds great to say 'I really want to lose weight' but making
    this happen takes effort. If you tend to routinely fall off your
    diet plan, you may want to look at the difference between being
    interested and being committed.

When you're 'interested' in losing weight, you say all the right
    words, but it doesn't take much to get you off track. A hard
    day, another disappointment, and you're back to food being your
    best friend.

In contrast, when you're 'committed' to your weight-loss plan, you
    stick with it no matter what. You don't blame circumstances or
    other people for your slip ups. On days when you get worn down
    or don't "feel" like dieting, you stay on the plan anyway.

Here's a summary of the two directions.

If you're "interested" in losing weight...

* You stick with it only until something better comes along
    (such as doughnuts)
    * How you feel determines your outcome. If you don't 'feel like
    it,' you stop your efforts.
    * You need to see results. When the scale doesn't move, you lose
    your motivation.
    * You blame everything else (people, travel, circumstances) for
    your struggles with staying on your diet.
    * Whenever you face challenges in life, you give up and plan
    you'll start your diet again tomorrow.

If you're "committed" to losing weight...

* Nothing stops your efforts. You stick with your diet, "no
    matter what."
    * Emotions don't control your actions. You stay on track even
    when you don't feel like it.
    * Your motivation isn't linked to the scale. You assume that if
    you stay motivated and work hard, you'll eventually see results.
    * You don't depend on other people for your success. You know
    it's up to you, not them.
    * A bad day or a lot of challenges don't affect your efforts.
    You keep going in spite of it.

THIS IS HOW TO GET YOUR GROOVE BACK, TURN THE SWITCH ON, GET YOUR FOCUS BACK!!! awesome!
    ___________ersas comittment!

. Loss Minute By Linda Spangle, RN, MA
    Author: 100 Days of Weight Loss
    www.WeightLossJoy.com

It sounds great to say 'I really want to lose weight' but making
    this happen takes effort. If you tend to routinely fall off your
    diet plan, you may want to look at the difference between being
    interested and being committed.

When you're 'interested' in losing weight, you say all the right
    words, but it doesn't take much to get you off track. A hard
    day, another disappointment, and you're back to food being your
    best friend.

In contrast, when you're 'committed' to your weight-loss plan, you
    stick with it no matter what. You don't blame circumstances or
    other people for your slip ups. On days when you get worn down
    or don't "feel" like dieting, you stay on the plan anyway.

Here's a summary of the two directions.

If you're "interested" in losing weight...

* You stick with it only until something better comes along
    (such as doughnuts)
    * How you feel determines your outcome. If you don't 'feel like
    it,' you stop your efforts.
    * You need to see results. When the scale doesn't move, you lose
    your motivation.
    * You blame everything else (people, travel, circumstances) for
    your struggles with staying on your diet.
    * Whenever you face challenges in life, you give up and plan
    you'll start your diet again tomorrow.

If you're "committed" to losing weight...

* Nothing stops your efforts. You stick with your diet, "no
    matter what."
    * Emotions don't control your actions. You stay on track even
    when you don't feel like it.
    * Your motivation isn't linked to the scale. You assume that if
    you stay motivated and work hard, you'll eventually see results.
    * You don't depend on other people for your success. You know
    it's up to you, not them.
    * A bad day or a lot of challenges don't affect your efforts.
    You keep going in spite of it.

THIS IS HOW TO GET YOUR GROOVE BACK, TURN THE SWITCH ON, GET YOUR FOCUS BACK!!! awesome!

This is sooo powerful! WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
  • natswin
    natswin Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all!

I've had a crap week so far :( And I have an afternoon tea here today so I'm going to do my best to not over indulge.

Im waiting for an ultrasound referral to check to see if I have gallstones. I hope so, it would explain what that pain is, lol.

Hope you all have a great day!/Night/day. Whenever anyone reads this :)
  • AlmostHot
    Options
    Hi Nat Hope you have a great afternoon tea, socially, and it picks up your week. Gall stones? Geez that's not good, hope you get it sorted soon.:wink:

I'm just hanging around the house, not doing much here, except roaming the threads to entertain myself and procrastinate about house work! lol:laugh:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I ate really bad since last saturday to wednesday. But it's ok the food was good and I did enjoy it.
    The good thing is now I stick to whatever workout routine I have and my diet real good. I hope I won't gain weight on monday weight in. :angry:
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    I, unfortunately, cannot brag this week. my parents are in town and it's so hard to eat right when they don't. I know that's not an excuse but that's what going on. So I'm eating bad and not exercising!!! CRAP! Oh well, here's to starting over on Monday!!! :laugh:

But congrats to everyone else who's doing well!!! It's really inspiring to hear of all of your bragging. It makes me embarrassed to be doing bad, but that's a good thing because it'll work harder next week!!! :drinker:
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have had a rough week as well...TOM...I did ok with woking out, but my eating was horrible. There were a couple of days that I felt so guilty that I didn't even log all of my calories :ohwell: . But each morning I wake up and treat it as a new day and try to get out of this slump that I am in. I need to get back on track....thanks for all the motivations June starters!

What are some things that you all have done to get your groove back, I just don't feel like it lately, I don't know if it is hormones from the "monthly curse" or what...I need some suggestions...
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Been doing very well, eating well, and even exercising. I've been on three hikes so far and have another scheduled for tomorrow. I find hiking easier than just going for a walk since Icarry back pack hiking which balances me out. Just walking, my back hurts really quickly because I am leaning back holding up the weight in front.

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a great weekend!

Tammy
  • isandi
    Options
    Just a little drive by to say Hi!
    Hope you all are doing well and having a good weekend!

Wanted to go to the Garment district on Tuesday before going to the airport on Tuesday! Welllllll, forget that! Michael Jacksons funeral is 6 blocks from where we want go and they are expecting 750, 000 people ! On top of that they are marching the elephants in a parade over to where the circus will be!

have fun you guys!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I hope you are having a great 4th. I just got home from working a 12hr shift at the hospital so I'm just gonna stay in for the night and watch a movie. I was proud of myself for being good on my diet all day even though the other nurses had a potluck. I brought my own food and only ate what I brought, none of their stuff. There was even cheesecake AND lemon bars, both of which of love. But I resisted somehow. Woohoo! :happy:
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Just a little drive by to say Hi!
    Hope you all are doing well and having a good weekend!

Wanted to go to the Garment district on Tuesday before going to the airport on Tuesday! Welllllll, forget that! Michael Jacksons funeral is 6 blocks from where we want go and they are expecting 750, 000 people ! On top of that they are marching the elephants in a parade over to where the circus will be!

have fun you guys!!

Oh my goodness, I think I would stay away too!
  • yolie1220
    Options
    Hi all!

Been doing very well, eating well, and even exercising. I've been on three hikes so far and have another scheduled for tomorrow. I find hiking easier than just going for a walk since Icarry back pack hiking which balances me out. Just walking, my back hurts really quickly because I am leaning back holding up the weight in front.

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a great weekend!

Tammy
    I love hiking, we just went yesterday up to Mt. Rainier and hiked in the snow even though it was 75 degrees up there!