I know this is gross...

Options

Replies

• reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Eat a bowl of raisin bran and the prunes are good too.
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention with increase fiber water water water water
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you are eating low fat- this can do it... or purely your body is using all you're giving it. As long as you're not uncomfortable and going a few times a week, it should be ok.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but I will drink a cup to get things moving every once in a while.
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try some Benefiber. It is all natural and has no taste or texture. You can put it in any drink. The doctor actually remcommended it for my daughter who was going through bouts of constipation and it worked great. Just put it in a drink or two a day. I too have used when I felt I needed to. Works great!
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dutchess48
    Options
    Try a salt water flush! That will clean out your system within a few hours and you'll be good to go.

32oz water + 2 teaspoons of unionized sea salt , drink down whole thing and wait. Within the hour you will poop. Just stay close to a bathroom because you will poop like every ten minutes until it's out of your system. Maybe 2 hours and then you'll feel great!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just learned this in my pediatric nursing class the other day...you want to eat P foods! Pears, prunes, peaches and pineapple are all great for constipation.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    Are you drinking a sufficient amount of water? This could be a cause for it when you decrease your caloric intake.

Also, if you eat cheese in a low-cal diet this can also cause this.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem..i increased my fiber and water
  • MinimizingMichelle
    Options
    Heads up though, don't drastically increase your water all at one or drink it all in one sitting. You'll get one nasty headache.
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about it at all...if you have changed your foods to mostly "good stuff" I think it is going to digest and not have that much waste as when eating the garbage, high fat sugary things and the "white" carbs...so I let my body do the talking and it always comes through for me!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    try some ground flax seed in juice or just water, it usually helps. unless you have diverticulitus then dont take flax seed
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Worries me some with all the medical advise here...you need to be sure there are no health problems. ie: too much magnesium can stop your heart, too much water can make your bladder not function properly...I love those singly wrapped prunes. They taste like candy. But, read the label to be sure there's nothing in it you can't have...
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    try some ground flax seed in juice or just water, it usually helps. unless you have diverticulitus then dont take flax seed

I like this, also, and you can get it in capsules if you prefer.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me... being "regular" when eating crap foods (no pun intended) is different than being "regular" and eating healthy..... I didn't have pain or discomfort either so I just waited it out. I think our bodies are just using most of the stuff we eat so there is less waste in comparison to the EXCESS that we consumed before.... less in less out right?
  • jlfvolleyball05
    jlfvolleyball05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eat some ezikiel Bread it works for me every time when i have that issue mine started when i started watchin my calories 2
  • Anisima
    Options
    My cousin with similar problems told me that he found on http://constipationtreatments.info/ the help for his problems.I heard the tips from here are very goo to combat constipation problems.
    I hope this helps.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting and keeping my calories at about 1200 - and I eat back my exercise calories. I get plenty of fiber thru fruits, veggies, etc. I've set my settings so I can see my fiber and I quite easily exceed MFP's daily recommendation. I am exercising daily and I drink close to a gallon of water a day - so I know those aren't the issue.

So why am I not pooping and could this account for the scale not moving? Should I be concerned or is it just the lower caloric intake slowing things down? I don't feel bloated or constipated. So should I do something about it? Or just let nature take its course? Would appreciate input if you've had this issue.

BTW - I have never had constipation issues, in fact, quite the opposite. So this is new to me.

Story of my life...sigh...not just from loosing weight but always. I dont understand it. My drs told me to take myrilax. But i try natural stuff...but besides psylium husks which u have to down a million everything else seems like u cant take it every day....
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've recently realized that I get more fiber than recommended (up to 25 grams for women usually) and that can be a big cause for constipation. Try tracking your fiber intake on MFP and see if you are always going a lot over, like 35-40 grams a day. Personally I don't know how to decrease my fiber intake at this point. I love whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and it would be pretty silly to cut those out!