Tired of trying alone

Options
2»

Replies

• drema2370
    Options
    You are not alone on this site. I have found that everyone is so encouraging and helpful. Add me if you like, I will help you. I too am in my forties and new to the site well I have been here for a little over a month. Im just starting out in the forums and have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and comments. This life changing journey you are on is not easy if it were we would not be here.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I will do my best to support you...add me if you like. :)
  • kjhisme
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Just above the turtle pace? He beat the hare in Aesop's fable didn't he? Listen to the fable: "slow and steady wins the race"!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! There is a lot of support on here. There are many people that would help motivate you on here! Keep doing your walks and check in with your doctor. You CAN do it!! Feel free to add me. I am a daily food logger.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. Just stay focused on WHY you want to change the way things are. Try this, start a dream board. Get something you can put on your wall in your bedroom--make sure that it is somewhere you will see it EVERY DAY. This can be as simple as poster paper or even a cork board. Then, get some magazines or print stuff from the internet and tape/pin/glue/whatever your dreams up there. It can be photos, numbers, sayings ANYTHING THAT WILL INSPIRE YOU to keep going. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want an exercise butt kickin friend!!! Since July I have turned into an exercise freak and it feels GREAT!!!!! I hit the big 50 last year...I hate that number!!!! But that's all it is...I feel 30!!!! I just completed my first 1/2 marathon last sunday and have a Warrior Dash on the calendar for March 31st!!! I would be happy to push you and support you to get moving!!!! Also logging is very important!!!

MFP helps me stay accountable and I really feel like I can DO THIS!!!!! And I will!!! You can too:bigsmile:

Hang in there!!!!! Let's get moving!!!!!!